In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NASCAR Goes Anti-Gun, Bans Black Rifle Ads

jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
NASCAR Goes Anti-Gun, Bans Black Rifle Ads
K-Var, a company self-described as ?a premier supplier of high quality products for the outdoor and shooting sports industries,? recently reported in their blog that their ad was rejected by NASCAR four months after it was submitted.
In March and April 2019, several firearms retailers and manufacturers were contacted by National Event Publications, Official media sales agent for the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, NASCAR, PGA, NHRA, & USA Today Lifestyle. The pitch was to buy advertising in the official program for the last 26 races of the season. K-Var opted to advertise, as did at least 16 other manufacturers or retailers including CZ-USA, Beretta, Daniel Defense, and others. The deadline to have our artwork submitted for approval was April 19, 2019.
Then, on August 19, 2019 (four months later) we were contacted by National Event Publications with the following message:
?We just heard from NASCAR on a number of gun related ads and unfortunately, due a gradual shift in NASCAR?s position on guns, these ads must be edited/changed?especially those that are depicted as assault-style rifles/sniper rifles. NASCAR is still open to some of the less controversial gun accessories, concealed carry, or classes

Comments

• Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why the hell you think they only turn left?? :mrgreen: Attended one nascar event, the world 600 in Charlotte in the 1970?s and it sucked so bad I never went back BORING.
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Soon they will be racing electric Harley?s.

Or hoping to capture the same demographic.
  • Options
    DirtyDawgDirtyDawg Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NASCAR is over, done, spent....if this info is true......well......I won't ever watch another single lap.
  • Options
    tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nobody that would attend a race would have any interest in guns anyway.

Nothing else has worked, so maybe this will be the move that finally gets the transgender me too no borders nike kneeling US apologist confederate reparation trump haters out to the races!
    Good move nascar!
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,379 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I washed my hands of Nastycar when they let the Jappers on the track. Hopefully this is the straw that broke the camel's back, and they go the way of the dodo bird.....
  • Options
    Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I enjoyed it back in the day when the last of the old "rum runners' were still driving, but when they caved to the anti cigarette crowd, they lost me.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gave up their crap 40+ years ago.... "LEFT turn Clyde" ????? all fans did was wait for a wreck..didn't realize they were already watching one
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This smacks of the same thing that DSG (Dix Sporting Goods) pulled and they lost a lot of business. Who knew pissing off their base demographic could be bad for business.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    NASCAR?

BUH BYE!

QCvJU5M.jpg
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And the sissifiacation of America continues. What next nerf cars?
  • Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Who Cares ??? Not Me : wouldnt watch it if they paid me :::

Hey look : another left turn !

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think they finally managed to complete that LEFT turn! :lol: Haven't cared about their races in years.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never watched it and not likely to start.
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stick a Fork in them.

You just can not overcome STUPID.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While I actually found the female owned African American team to be pretty humble and interesting - part of the crowd...

The whole deal with the over blown media hype for the Mexican driver and for the women drivers (who have just never panned out) is badly done and nauseating...

Crammed down your throat - along with country music now being hand in hand with rap music and hip hip culture...

The anti gun message is predictable but another bridge to far or nail in the coffin.

And they have a dozen series of racing that are just the same drivers on the same tracks - with a Nissan sentry NASCAR coupe now dressed be a Nissan frontier truck...

It's overkill and overdone - in a market spread to then and drained to shallow to support it.

I get safety but I long for a return to all American cars - that are closer to "stock" cars than the unidentifiable clones with a decal appearance wrap that are offered now...

A return to race on Sunday sell on Monday...

I.don't need NASCAR to be a battle of fake diva personas dumber down like WWF...

it's just not interesting anymore

Mike
  • Options
    Edspdog1Edspdog1 Member Posts: 225
    edited November -1
    NASCAR died the same day as Dale E. Senior died.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,967 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nascrap died when they had Michelle Obama and Jill Biden as Co-Grand Marshals for the final race of the season back in 2011