In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Amazon Wish List----price drops

beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
I'm an Amazon Prime member and do a lot of shopping or price comparisons on Amazon. I noticed long ago that, if you place an item on your Amazon wish list and check it from time to time, the price for that item will, a lot of times decrease. It really paid off today.

Wife's car is beginning to need two tires. I usually always buy Michelin tires. Amazon had the tire @ $193.00 (free shipping with Prime). I placed the tire on my Wish List about 7-10 days ago. Today, the price had been reduced to $ 169, 16% drop. I bought 2 of them and they will be shipped direct to a local Pep Boys for mounting at $20.00 each. And besides, I get 5% cashback on my Amazon credit card. I'm very pleased.
0M9InwN.gif[

Comments

• Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've basically done the same thing for years now.

I had been interested in comparing a Denon AVR with my Marantz AVR, so early this year I put a 2018 Model Denon, that was on the same level as my Marantz, on my "Saved For Later" list. I check Amazon several times a day, just in case, and a couple of months ago when I went to Amazon there was a notice that the Denon AVR had gone from $999 to $526. I immediately moved it to my cart and made the purchase and then went to my wife and asked for forgiveness! :lol: Later that same day it was back to $999. That's also how I bought my Marantz AVR.

The Denon compared nicely to the Marantz that was a 2017 Model. Marantz and Denon are now under the same parent company, but even though they pretty much have the same features, they do have individual and different sounds.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Amazon price games.

They sometimes raise the price as well. Isn't it sweet how they try to trigger you to purchase the items you left on your list.

When the AH's notify me, I immediately delete every item from my lists.

I'm glad to see someone using their scam to save some money.

The Amazon *
    RMNeWLB.jpg
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doing similar things with ebay. Yes, they both suck but prices like Wal mart are hard to beat...
    "What is truth?'