In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trap55 -

KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
"Reebok started making them, and I almost bought a pair until I read the reviews. The common complaint was Reebok didn't do the insulated liner like Converse did, and they rubbed your ankle raw.
Ken, I'd like to know what you think when you have a couple of miles on em." Trap55.

Two full 8 hour days on the concrete Production floor. These puppies are like Bedroom slippers compared to my Wolverines, and/or the myriad of boots I have used here in the last 5 years. I like them very much.

I will give these Reebok Dauntless boots two enthusiastic thumbs up. No ankle issues whatsoever. Very happy with them. I may even buy another pair to put in the closet, for when these wear out. :)

Sportsmansguide item # 2079-710969. Reg. $119.99, On Sale for $62.99
(Buyers Club) But they are offering a 30 day no risk free Membership right now. Cancel before the month, and you do not get charged the $29.

My two cents worth Sir.

Comments

• TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Ken!
    I'm guessing that for work you got the steel or composite tipped boots?
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TRAP55 wrote:
    Thanks Ken!

Composite toe. Required at our Job site. (Technically Steel Toe required.)

1/2 the weight (easily) compared to my Wolverines, or past boots.

Super comfortable. No ankle issues whatsoever.

Very Happy.

Running true to size. Slightly wide. (I got regular, unless they shipped me wide by mistake.) Burned the box the other day, without checking.
  • wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Guys, just an FYI. Reebok and Converse are made by the same company!

I found that out a few years ago at Shot Show. My Converse Desert Pursuit boots blew out on the sides and the soles delaminated after only a few months! I saw the Reebok had a pair that looked just like them and started talking crap about how cheep converse was. That's when the guy told me that they were the same company and shipped me a free pair! They lasted about three months! :evil:
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I fondly recall the clean minty unlaced - non creased tongue work boots that leisurely men of color would wear - never having been worked a day in...

Maybe with the red and black lumberjack and the hat to match.

Sigh.

I had corcoran jump boots once upon a time - and fire red Chuck Taylor's with yellow laces...

Samba soccer shoes.

Buster browns.

Double sigh.

Mike
    edited November -1
    wiplash wrote:
    Hey Guys, just an FYI. Reebok and Converse are made by the same company!

I found that out a few years ago at Shot Show. My Converse Desert Pursuit boots blew out on the sides and the soles delaminated after only a few months! I saw the Reebok had a pair that looked just like them and started talking crap about how cheep converse was. That's when the guy told me that they were the same company and shipped me a free pair! They lasted about three months! :evil:

Thanks.

Every day wear? I would be happy to get 6 months, a year would be awesome, for $62.99.

I have had much heavier (New) Military surplus steel toe boots, not last that long. (Various Countries.)

I wanted something relatively inexpensive, that would be much more comfortable than my heavy duty Wolverines. Every single day of foot relief is a godsend.
    edited August 2019
    I fondly recall the clean minty unlaced - non creased tongue work boots that leisurely men of color would wear - never having been worked a day in...

Maybe with the red and black lumberjack and the hat to match.

Sigh.

I had corcoran jump boots once upon a time - and fire red Chuck Taylor's with yellow laces...

Samba soccer shoes.

Buster browns.

Double sigh.

Mike

Having been a Retail Manager, at a very large High volume Outdoor Adventure store for years. (23-25?) + Campmor in Paramus, NJ. Mike. (Roughly $17mil./year at the store I helped Manage.) High Volume.

We used to get (a'hem) a select clientele, that would try and return their now somewhat used looking Timberland "Work Boots," for a myriad of BS reasons. They only wanted them, when they looked "Pristine." The stories I could tell.
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Timberlands...

That's the brand name I could not recall.

Don't be jacking my gear yo...

Max and relax with that colt 45 malt liquor sporting some timberlands - hollering at the shorties...

Oh yes the tales we could tell - the places we could go.

Mike
    edited November -1
    Yes, I am sure you did not notice that big * cut in the leather on the toe, when you purchased them about 3-4 weeks ago. Or that big stain, etc etc.

I do not miss that BS.

(Or) What we would call "No Charge Rentals," when an arrogant A$$whole would attempt to return virtually everything, from his Family Camping Adventure. (Tent, bags, pad, stove, lanterns, etc etc.) For an equally myriad of reasons. Blah, blah, blah. All of it a Total Lie.

Having a 100% Satisfaction return policy, while trying not to get severely abused was a fine dance.

I'd get in trouble often, overridden by the "Higher ups," General Manager, etc. (Who NEVER, had to deal with this stuff, face to face.)

Stressed out to the Max. I do not miss those days.

A lot of good times and memories/friends as well. It was not all bad.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TRAP55 wrote:
    Thanks Ken!

Composite toe. Required at our Job site. (Technically Steel Toe required.)

1/2 the weight (easily) compared to my Wolverines, or past boots.

Super comfortable. No ankle issues whatsoever.

Very Happy.

Running true to size. Slightly wide. (I got regular, unless they shipped me wide by mistake.) Burned the box the other day, without checking.
    OSHA requirement where heavy wheeled stuff poses a foot hazard. Last pair of work boots were Keen composite. Composite is the only way to go, and OSHA has approved them as a steel substitute. Got my foot folded in half backwards by an electric pallet jack that was supposed to be red tagged. I wasn't wearing steel tipped, and got 2wks off/no pay.
    I had the doc in the ER, and a couple of worker comp docs, tell me steel tips cause a worse injury than not having it. All said they had cases where an amputation could have been avoided without the steel tips. They were the ones that told me about the composite.
    I have some jacked up feet, literally. Born flat footed, home town horse doc convinced my Dad to get me corrective shoes. They worked great, but a little too well. Continued into my 30's, size 12 shorten to an 11. You know it's bad when the docs see my feet and ask "What the hell happened to your feet?" :D It makes for a PITA to find a pair of shoes that won't * me after an hour of walking.