In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sushi Night -

KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
About 15-20 little seaweed wrapped bundles of goodness.

Wasabi, Pickled Ginger. Kikkoman Soy sauce. My ingraved, gold inlayed teak chopsticks from Thailand, with the red with yellow dragon embroidered image, silk soft cover. :D

Mmmnnnnn..................................Mmmnnnnn.....................................

A very healthy meal for less than $5.

In the freezer just now, firming up. (A little trick.)

What is not to love?

Comments

• asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kikkoman (plant 3 mi. from here) has a "ginger" flavored soy sauce. REALLY great with any sushi dish. Try it, you'll like it!
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are welcome to my share. I would even buy if I were close enough, but I would eat somewhere else.
  • Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can have mine too.

Eating raw fish is just ... well survival food in a eat or starve to death situation only.
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Love it, but I tend to stay away from it during the Summer months..
  • Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cheap sushi in the Tennessee mountains?? Oh that sounds like a great idea. I think that is what?s commonly referred to as a ?cleanse?.
  • roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like it still flopping raw like. Yummy!
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Poison Fugu...

Vending machine and truck stop and 7-11 or county lock up sushi is not recommended.

Fish in a blender shakes also contraindicated...

Roadside uncooked raw fish taco from a taco truck is a no-go...

And no poi - no bottle nosed dolphin sushi tacos...

I know I am a Philistine and an ingrate and a barbarian / gaijin but it's just not my cup of tea...

I may be a Neanderthal but at least they had fire and the good sense to cook their meat.

Again in not you - it's me.

Mike
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not to worry Sushi haters.

Little to no fish in this Sushi. Almost 95% Raw veggies, rice and seaweed wrap. The only seafood in it is cooked minced fish, formed in to faux crab meat.

Wasabi, Pickled Ginger, Kikkoman. Chop sticks.

Good healthy, cheap eats.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds more like that Korean Gimbap? I mean the place's more of a Pacific Rim Job joint serving hill folk in Tennessee mountains (as pointed out by Ricci Wright :lol::lol::lol:).
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    yoshmyster wrote:
    Sounds more like that Korean Gimbap? I mean the place's more of a Pacific Rim Job joint serving hill folk in Tennessee mountains (as pointed out by Ricci Wright :lol::lol::lol:).

What was that line that Sam06 threw out there?

"I'm not sure, but I think I've just been insulted." :o:cry:

* Edited for spelling.
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I get the whole east coast vs west coast thing - but how does a pacific rim job differ from an Atlantic one - oh never mind I think I am better off not knowing or being ignorant...

:o :shock: ;)

Mike
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I get the whole east coast vs west coast thing - but how does a pacific rim job differ from an Atlantic one - oh never mind I think I am better off not knowing or being ignorant...

:o :shock: ;)

Mike

"Pacific Rim Job" is basically stealing and basstardizing techniques of China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia and etc (Pacific Rim). Like rolling vinegared rice in nori and call it sushi or using galanga root, lemon grass in eats and call it Thai.