In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Stolen Mail.

wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
After trying to get the Postal Inspectors to do something, I had to turn to the Media to get them to do something!

When I called them after I found the first, "Huge pile", I had to call them back on the second day to tell them that we were going to have 25 plus mile per hour winds coming up and that the Mail was going to be blown all over the Desert. They sent an Inspector out that I was really impressed with. He drove a Dodge Challenger out to the spot following me in my Jeep! ( He was an Ex Border Patrol Agent) We picked up the important Mail leaving the junk Mail.

Then I found another dump almost a month later and called it in, after 4 days a different Agent called me back and asked if we could pick it up "Next week"! I told him that again, we were about to have high winds and that it would be blown all over the Desert. He said he would call me in the morning. I went back out at 7am and waited till about 11am and no call! He told me that I could collect the Mail and take it to my local Post Office and drop it off.That's when I called the Media to get a fire lit under they're *, and it worked! Lots of apologizes and promises to reprimand him and calls from the higher ups trying to kiss my *.

What your Mail Boxes because they don't care!

Through Rain and Sleet and dark of night, the Mail will be delivered! I guess if it's to hot, that don't count!

https://www.ktnv.com/news/mounds-of-stolen-mail-found-at-nellis-dunes-near-las-vegas-blvd
There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'

Comments

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hate to be the carrier they will track him
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    they have little upc type scan bars every so often on our route, carrier has to scan the bar code on the inside of the mailbox, it proves he stopped and delivered, only reason I know is I have one on my box and asked the driver one day what it was and did everyone have one, he said no they were scattered around and the local office only pulled up random scan bars to see if they had been scanned, he never knows which will get pulled up so they have to scan them all, since I have one my mail is fairly regular now, they even have to scan if there is no mail to deliver, guess they are too scared not to stop
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While growing up we had the same carrier for 25+yrs and you could almost set your watch by him, now they change them around every 3-4 weeks, when I asked the local Postmaster why ? he said "it was for improved delivery". Delivery now is anywhere from 8:30 am. to 6:00 pm.........yep, great improvement :oops: . Don't blame the carriers blame the local Postmasters ;) Their rule #1 told to me by a carrier is.........don't bring any mail back, that's why dumping occurs.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    years ago an old bachelor small farmer lived out in the sandhills NE of town and some one started getting in his mailbox about a mile from home...he got his old M1 and hid out there for days by the mailbox to try and get who ever was going thru it...lucky guy never came back or he would have got blasted......
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Interesting story, keep us posted.

Most of the mail delivery folks are good people, but I have seen one worthless SOB of a hundred. Complained about him, but he had high seniority and was protected by the union and later retired.

Seen some bad attitudes at working the counter.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This wasn't the Postman dumping the Mail, but some POS thief. We found a "Master Key" that opened the Community boxes in the first pile. The Postal Inspector told me that they can actually be ordered online!!!
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Junkballer wrote:
    While growing up we had the same carrier for 25+yrs and you could almost set your watch by him, now they change them around every 3-4 weeks, when I asked the local Postmaster why ? he said "it was for improved delivery". Delivery now is anywhere from 8:30 am. to 6:00 pm.........yep, great improvement :oops: . Don't blame the carriers blame the local Postmasters ;) Their rule #1 told to me by a carrier is.........don't bring any mail back, that's why dumping occurs.

Yep. Exactly.

One new guy informed me that my packages would no longer be brought to my house since he felt it was past the limit. I said, "There goes your Christmas cookies."
    I then advised I had measured it and my house WAS within the limit and offered to give him a copy of my survey.
    He was our delivery guy for only 2 weeks.

Another guy, apparently drove a SUV, left notices in mail boxes on this route that all boxes must be raised several inches or mail would be witheld.

Being an old retired gobmint employee I looked up the regulation.
    Turns out our mail boxes were mounted at the low end of the min/max allowed.
    To be a good citizen I decided to raise my mailbox to the middle of the min/max height - which BTW was not the height "suggested" by the mail carrier.
    Consquently, several other nearby residents
    Readjusted the heights of their mailboxes after they read their warning notices and saw what I had done.

NOW ALL THE MAIL BOXES ARE AT VARYING HEIGHTS RATHER THAN IN AN EVEN ROW! Hahahaha.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good for you! They are there for every person, but you might need to light a fire by contacting the right people...usually your congressman, i'd think.
    What's next?
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They, the inspectors would have stormed your house though if you cut out an non cancelled stamp and used it again, like I DO.
    To me they dropped the ball bigly on this one.
  • Options
    gruntled2gruntled2 Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had several people that were so stupid they thought they could REUSE bulk mail postage. We had an ink pad on the case that we used to cancel stamps if we saw they weren't cancelled when we cased the mail, otherwise we used a pen if we caught it before delivery. I REALLY HATE you thieves that reuse postage stamps.
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The whole postage thing is backwards!! :shock:

They will bring your mail to you at no charge to you.

If you have a PO box in town, you have to pay rent on it so you can drive in to get it yourself.

:shock:
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gruntled2 wrote:
    I had several people that were so stupid they thought they could REUSE bulk mail postage. We had an ink pad on the case that we used to cancel stamps if we saw they weren't cancelled when we cased the mail, otherwise we used a pen if we caught it before delivery. I REALLY HATE you thieves that reuse postage stamps.

We just always used the pen when sorting letter mail, unless an AP stamp was handy.
    What's next?
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gruntled2 wrote:

:roll: :roll: :lol::lol: hate is a strong word.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If postage stamps were cancelled properly this would never occur...

Instead of money spent enforcing the so called rule invest money in equipment and training to ensure the chance to break the rule never occurs...

The bankrupt unionized postal service is a junk mail machine and the quality of their service has declined steadily my entire life...

Growing up we had the same postman on our route for over 20 years and things ran like a Swiss watch - mail was delivered on time and correct and free from defect - even incorrectly addressed mail because we had a trained competent professional who did an outstanding job...

People often have him some money or a gift each Christmas.

After he retired it devolved into anarchy

And them the postal union leadership suggested taking away all veterans preferences in favor of minority preferences and things really devolved.

Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They're still at it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uM7Ophwbv0

Why do we even need Postal Inspectors if they want us to do they're work for them! :evil:
  • Options
    gruntled2gruntled2 Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was a little boy kid 1st class postage was three cents & we had twice a day delivery until Truman ended that. Much easier for the carrier to know everyone on his route.
    This week I happened to talk to a carrier in a local gun store & he told me they are now on the street over seven hours a day. We were walking the street for about four hours & casing, driving & breaks took the other four hours. They are now handling about twice as many deliveries & can't catch errors while casing. How could even the regular possibly know the people on their route? To get full retirement they have to go to age 62. Can you imagine carrying that heavy satchel for seven hours a day in all kinds of weather until you were 62? I barely made it to 57.
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They caught a few of the usual scumbags fishing mailboxes with glue traps.
    Now we have to walk the mail into the PO because of rats.
    Another home town turned to s*** by rats.
    This one makes 3