In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Stuffed Green Peppers -

KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
Have a bunch going just now.

6 Large halved green peppers. Ground beef/rice filling. Salt/pepper, garlic, green pepper dust, (Thanks Gunnut505.) Tomatoe sauce over all. Baked in the oven, 325* for 45min.-1 hour.

Added a fair amount of rice over the top/mixed in, once uncovered, after 45 minutes. EVOO over it all. Browning.

Good stuff.

I'd say "Homemade," but that seems to set certain people off. :o :? :lol: :roll:

Comments

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds good except for the green pepper part Ken. Same thing with red one's, then you'd have something..... ;)
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    toad67 wrote:
    Sounds good except for the green pepper part Ken. Same thing with red one's, then you'd have something..... ;)

The Peppers, make it Brother. (Actually, totally make it.)

Would not be opposed to yellow/orange/red Peppers.

They typically cost more.

I like/prefer the Green Peppers personally.

A side of tomato soup, mixed with 1/2 & 1/2, water, butter, salt/pepper, rice. Some green pepper dust/red Chipotle dust, (Thanks Gunnut505.) Good stuff. Ready to eat.
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Peppers from were - what COO - is there a sticker or label applied - was there an 11# or 22# box with growers markings or distributor info...

Mexico or Israel or Holland or Spain...

Sweet bell peppers I presume...

Believe it or not the jumbos are usually superior in quality...

Pure green or a turning bell???

For stuffed peppers green is best - if as it ages it morphs color / turning bell than avoid.

The yellow and orange and red and other colors have varying tastes and qualities.

Sectional density - seed pod size - stem thickness and cut off height - silvering...

Mike
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not a fan.

I like them Mexican style they're called Chiles Rellenos ;)
    RLTW

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:
    I am not a fan.

I like them Mexican style they're called Chiles Rellenos ;)

Different animal. YVMD.
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,120 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    don't like the taste of a raw green pepper myself, never could get em down, now stuffed are a different story, that was the only reason I grew peppers in garden, would take 20 lbs or so of deermeat, rice,ect and stuff and freeze peppers every fall, would last most of winter if eaten sparingly, just heat em in oven with tomatoe sauce poured over em.......... even stuffed a few banana peppers one year they were just as good
  • tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    toad67 wrote:

I'm with you brother.
    Can't stand em raw or cooked.Just the smell.... :cry:
    But then I don't like the red or yellow ones either.
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds great!! One way to make them even better is ground lamb!! Stuffed peppers and cabbage rolls are best with what the people from that part of the world originally used when making them, and that is lamb. My Russian wife and her mother can flat out put the hurtin' on a big pot of stuffed peppers or cabbage rolls! The best part is they get better every day for the next several days as the spices just seem to work deeper into the peppers and cabbage!!

Now I've got a hankering for either one of them! I wonder if I can talk Hot Momma in to using that ground lamb that is in the freezer????? :D
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    Love it. But, even with my gallbladder gone I still can't do the peppers like I use to. So, Denise will make up a casserole dish of the stuffing and put slices of pepper on top. Inside out stuffed peppers, and is it good!!!
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pork sausage instead of ground beef. Sweet or half sweet and hot.
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mix some shredded sharp cheddar in the mix........