In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New truck day

WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
My 2004 Ford Expedition rear AC went out & that was the last straw. Last fall I did $800 worth if emissions stuff & put a new battery in it. A few months ago I had the transmission rebuilt @150,000 miles.

I had intended to limp the truck along until March & then buy a new truck. I have lost my patience with the Expedition & my wife suggested we donate it to the church & they can give it to someone who needs a good running vehicle that is a but worn out.

So off truck shopping- the contenders were:

1) Jeep Gladiator
2) Ford F150
3) Toyota Tundra
4) Nissan Titan

When the dust settled I wound up with a 1 owner/local trade in which was bought from the dealer I bought it from.

2018 Toyota Tundra with 15,000 miles.

I think I did OK. The color is called ?cement? Its a flat grey.
LWNddDO.jpg
ULbkgZD.jpg

Comments

• Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You did well.Almost everyone in the family has a Tundra including me and every one has been top notch.
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you like it as well as I like my 2012, you will like it very well indeed! Now you can make the trip to NM to visit after all. :lol:
  • Options
    westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice truck, I think you?ll be very happy with it.
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well its built in San Antonio by Americans. I guess I could have bought an F150 built in Canada or a GM product built in Mexico.

These days it really is a global economy and this truck was ?imported? from Texas. Unless you are building it yourself I think this is a pretty antiquated point of view.
  • Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great looking truck and welcome to the Tundra family. You should get many years and many miles of service from your 2018 Tundra. I wasn't fond of Cement when it first came out but it has grown on me and is now one of my favorite colors. Enjoy you new truck!
    Regards, MAALOX
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    edited November -1
    You did well, I am envious. I presume you saved a pile of money by buying slightly used.
    Some may wonder why someone would trade in such a great truck. My first wife?s father brought home a brand new Ford Bronco. His wife hated it, actually got angry and threw rocks at it.
    He took it back and traded it for a car. Lost his * on the deal, but momma was happy.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jimdeere wrote:
    His wife hated it, actually got angry and threw rocks at it.
    He took it back and traded it for a car. Lost his * on the deal, but momma was happy.

He should have traded wives instead of vehicles.
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good looking vehicle. Your right about it being a global marketplace. Some American assembled "foreign" vehicles have more domestic content per vehicle than the American owned companies products. You probably got a great warranty. Did you check for recalls? Bob
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,124 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My 2000 tundra is closing in on 200 k and sits ready to hunt and fish
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    jimdeere wrote:
    His wife hated it, actually got angry and threw rocks at it.

He should have traded wives instead of vehicles.
    Actually, he was a prick who later shot himself in the head in their dinning room.
    She was a nice lady who was good to me.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good looking Tundra. 4wd?

Now you need some AT tires to go on there.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,999 ******
    edited November -1
    Nice truck,with low miles. You did good,enjoy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I?ll buy Japanese until the big three can build a transmission that will last 200,000 miles.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I plan on getting a new Tundra the end of the year. I was considering a 4 Runner like Drobs got (very nice BTW), but ended up back with the pickup instead of the SUV format.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Okay, I looked through the whole thread, where's the truck?
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Ford Truck was made in Kentucky
  • Options
    edited November -1
    SCOUT5 wrote:
    Okay, I looked through the whole thread, where's the truck?

In the second photo, at the Exxon station.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Once you start driving Toyotas, you will never buy programmed UAW products again. Reliability and resale value is second to none, and as an added bonus, you will not have repair bills or be found broke on the side of the road.
  • Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a nephew that drives a 2008 Tundra with 320,000 miles on it. But his uncle is tired of working on it!
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm all about "funning" with or cracking jokes about certain brand trucks or vehicles. That being said, I'm not doing it here. Why....because a guy I've never met, bought a vehicle I've never driven, with money I didn't earn, to buy a vehicle he's very proud of. Enjoy that truck! And to steal a line from a fellow GB'er who posted when I purchased my last truck...."New truck days are the best!"

Jon
  • Options
    320090T320090T Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Silverado was made in Ft Wayne, IN
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anything is better than a Ford. I chose not to climb the ladder one rung at a time and just skipped to the top. I drive Chevies.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,004 ******
    edited November -1
    My 1997 F-150 has 220,000 miles on it. I've had it around 3 years, and it's proven to be reliable. It didn't cost $40G either.