In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Garnishee her wages?

jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,660 ******
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
That?s what they?d do to you or me...
https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch-ilhan-omar-admits-she-ran-for-office-in-part-to-get-the-government-to-pay-off-her-own-debt
?Omar, who obtained a bachelor?s degree from North Dakota State University in 2011, owes between $15,001 and $50,000 in student loans, according to Congressional filings. Interestingly, even though her wages rose to $174,000 after she was elected to Congress, she has still not paid off the debt.?

?Despite the Minnesota congresswoman?s five-figure debt, she has reportedly moved into a luxury penthouse apartment in one of Minneapolis?s trendiest districts since her paycheck increased, according to The Daily Mail. Her apartment is reported to cost more than $2,800 per month and the three-bedroom unit includes a ?movable granite island, built-in wine rack and stainless steel pot racks in its high-end kitchen.?

Comments

• Options
    JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And a garbage disposal in the sink????
    JIM...........
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,484 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If she is not in default, I don?t see an issue. If she is in default, she should be held accountable.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She has a pension for life and health care for life and is making a ridiculous salary considering her experience and qualifications...

Watch one of her pet issues be the government forgiving all student loans or allowing default with out affecting her credit score or having her wages attached...

Liberals can do no wrong - default away.

Mike
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,484 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One-termers do not have a pension for life, Mike. She may still need to have her debt forgiven.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,177 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    as much as I dislike her, I can't blame her for playing the system. and while I think it is morally wrong to not repay considering the money she is now making and the position she now holds, it is not illegal under current system. though from what I have seen and heard I am not sure how much morals she has......... the system needs changed to keep this from happening and as long as these people make the current laws it won't
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If she is not in default, I don?t see an issue. If she is in default, she should be held accountable.

Agree
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stockton, Ca back in June of 2011. At what point did the Dept. of Education become armed?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vvhBI63BO0
    My ex accumulated $52,000 in student loan debt (unknown to me until court), and tried to nail me for half of it. The ignorant divorce judge was siding with her, until I read her the Calif Civil code that states if the loan was to increase her income only, the debt was hers only.
    Shot down there, she tried for half the value of my gun collection. Produced a document showing they had all been "gifted" to my son, so I didn't own any.
    Seeing smoke come from her ears was very satisfying! 8-)
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another arrogant DEMOCRAT. These people feel college should be paid for by the government.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Re: Arming the Dept of Education- remember seeing the solicitation for bids for supplying them with 14" pump shotguns about 3 years ago.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the mean time Al Sharpton is still walking the streets as a free man while owing over $7,000,000 in back taxes.
  • Options
    Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't she a devout Muslim, just wondering about the wine rack ?????? And why is she allowed out in public without her man or the nearest male relative. :?:
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a glaring example of the stupidity of "special citizens" like her. sharpton, and jose........MBM on a pedestal
  • Options
    llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    She has a pension for life and health care for life and is making a ridiculous salary considering her experience and qualifications...

Watch one of her pet issues be the government forgiving all student loans or allowing default with out affecting her credit score or having her wages attached...

Liberals can do no wrong - default away.

Mike

Almost. Gotta have 5 years of service as a congresscritter to get the retirement, etc.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Typical democrat. Playing it for all its worth. Like most in congress. Enter a pauper. Exit Royalty...

Shame on them.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,238 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She has to pay this loan, under the rules existing today. They only way to get out of this debt is in a coffin.

If she doesn't pay, her credit will be ruined. The article does not say whether she is making her scheduled payments or not.
    To see how this works, my brother co signed for the student loans for his step daughter. Daughter of his wife at the time, but he never adopted her.

The young scholar went from my brother's household in Virginia, to the Savannah School of Art and Design. Expensive. She ran up tens of thousands in student loans.
    Look, I went to school in Georgia at a regular small college in a small town and we did some serious drinking of wine, smoking of illegal substances and chasing the coeds, the ones that weren't chasing me. Party central.
    And this gal went to school with all those artist types. So I know she did some serious partying.
    And she "uses" her art degree by being a pot grower in California. I am serious for the past 15 years she has been out there growing high-thc pot and making lots of money, about as much as the CongressMuslimWoman. Pot is legal in California. She can't be bothered to pay that loan off though.

So brother's credit is screwed, I took him up to Johnson City to buy a new pickup, sticker was $32,000. They ran his credit, saw it was 570, and they almost kicked him out of the dealership. This a guy with a degree from Ga. Tech and $650K in the 401K.
    But his credit is ruined. So he didn't talk them down he talked them up, to a sticker of $34,000.
    And they hit him with a huge interest rate I think 12 percent.
    So brother just barely got to buy the car, and paid about $5K extra by the time the smoke cleared.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,589 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She is just waiting for Bernie or Ms Warren to win in 2020....then all those debts will be forgiven.....she is playing the odds like a lot of other folks...