In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I'm providing a new service

Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
You know how it is, you get a new gun and you want to use it but it cost a lot of money and it's so pretty and you worry about getting it messed up, especially that first scratch. After the gun has a scratch you can relax and enjoy it and pay attention to your shooting. Well for a small fee I will "Pre Scratch" you new firearm. That's right gentlemen you can have that new gun professionally scratched and or dented. For an example of my service please check out the CZ 75 I have listed. Yea, I know, hard to believe that was a brand new shiny pistol at one time. That is why you should leave the scratching of your firearms to a pro. Here you go.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?IncludeSellers=562745

Comments

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great idea, sir. I may do a similar service with new luxury cars. I'd be happy to put the first "door ding" or rock chip in your new Maserati, Bugatti, Tesla, or Rolls Royce. For only a very small fee - I'll only need the car for a week or so. (Offroad vehicles slightly higher.)
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    UPS or USPS also provides this free service
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm more of a tightwad and a DIYer.

When I get a new carry gun:
    1. Tear it down, inspect, clean, lube.
    2. Range test at least 250 rds/adj sights.
    3. Take unloaded gun out to driveway and using sidearm throw it full length of dw striving for a mininum of 4 bounces.
    4. Tear it down, inspect, clean, lube.
    5. Load, carry.

I'm not paying you if all the quality steps aren't there.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Of course only a Pro and his trainees could do that to one, I've had a few returned like that to me :shock: .........but they were done free of charge :evil:

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was looking at an old beat up AK once. gun counter guy says it's not really old, we "antiqued" it. I said what did you do to get it to look like that. he said they beat it with chains and threw it down the driveway.

I suppose that added value somehow.
  • Options
    Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But, is your work warrantied for 3-5 years. I don't want a bad nick, scrape, dent, water damage, LOSE (that's a big one --- with all of the recent boating accidents, to go unnoticed.

Really, would like to read the fine print in your contracts. :D:);)
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you correctly do the "1911" scratch? That is a must in your new service. :lol:
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not sure why this situation might occur

- but

I am pretty sure that if a police officer told me to "Drop the gun!", he would not understand me taking out my handkerchief, unfolding it on the ground, and carefully placing the weapon on the handkerchief.

Of course, it would probably then be kicked against the curb - and I would not have to worry about . . . anything . . . again . . . forever.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok
    as a similar service I would ( at a fee based on looks and weight ) help out a with a new girlfriend
  • Options
    varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have done the "1911 scratch" on all my 1911s just so you guys who stress over that will have something to talk about
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rocky Raab wrote:
    Great idea, sir. I may do a similar service with new luxury cars. I'd be happy to put the first "door ding" or rock chip in your new Maserati, Bugatti, Tesla, or Rolls Royce. For only a very small fee - I'll only need the car for a week or so. (Offroad vehicles slightly higher.)

Rocky, might I suggest that you reconsider your 'small fee'. In my experience most rich folks are happy to pay higher fees for superior services. If you do an outstanding job (and I'm sure you will) you will get all the 'word of mouth' referrals you can handle.

If you don't get any 'hits' for your service, you should keep increasing your price until you do.

Feel free to send a check for 'consulting' when your service takes off. Always glad to help. Who knows, I might even start my own business (using the same business model) in the 'Pointes', various 'Bloomfields' and Birmingham's around here.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can you correctly do the "1911" scratch? That is a must in your new service. :lol:

If Ricci can't handle the volume, I'll do a 'double' IDIOT scratch on your 1911. (the 2nd is the scratch that is on the slide from the bottom to the top in an upward direction). It takes some real skill to accomplish that version.

EDIT: I'd post a pix, but I haven't a clue how to anymore.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
    edited November -1
    I'd prefer my arms be scratched by a pro with more prestige. :o:o
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    iceracerx wrote:

If Ricci can't handle the volume, I'll do a 'double' IDIOT scratch on your 1911. (the 2nd is the scratch that is on the slide from the bottom to the top in an upward direction). It takes some real skill to accomplish that version.

EDIT: I'd post a pix, but I haven't a clue how to anymore.

That's the one I am talking about :lol: , NICE!
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am profoundly glad I can't afford it. :lol:
  • Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wince every time I watch an old Western and they tell a guy to throw his guns away from where they are standing..

Also in the movie Winchester 73 with Jimmy Stewart.. that One of One Thousand" Model 1873 Winchester rifles, takes a beating...
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm glad you didn't offer that service on the Model 27 I saw listed - :)
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is a very capable pistol. I just might have to have it.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I assure you, iceracerx, that my "small fee" is entirely proportional to the kind of person who would own a Maserati, Ferrari, or such.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,001 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm thinking with all the various notches found on the slide of a 1911, a true artist could add at least two of the circular 'beauty marks' to the slide, maybe more. I'll have to dig one of mine out and cogitate on this.

387212_4879ab5ccc63e17e88e95b4a3d277b35.png