In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Heads up, on KelTec CP 33

rufesnowrufesnow Member Posts: 241
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
Just got one recently. Greatest thing since sliced bread. Light, accurate, great trigger pull. Right out of the box. Magazines can be problematic, though.

They, (the magazines), function best, (or at all) with certain types of ammo. Overall length of the .22 cartridge seems to be the determining factor. At least in my magazines. .980, or longer is best. Even if the length is only .010 less, mags have loading problems.

Short overall length H-P's with blunt noses, wont load at all. Or you can only load a much smaller number in the mags. With very questionable function. Because of the potential feeding problems. Due to short overall length and blunt nose bullets.

Best ammo, hands down so far is CCI Stingers. Was able to load, full 33 rounds in the mag. First time out. Second best, and the one I intend to shoot the most of, is Federal Automatch. Although because they are .005 shorter than the Stingers. I can only load 29 in the mags. Stingers are fun to shoot. But to pricey locally. Thinking about buying them off the net, by the case though.

Comments

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been impressed with all KelTec products. The sub 9mms and the PMR 30. The charging handle locked back on my sub and sent it back.
    They replaced the entire stock assembly and has functioned flawlessly since. The CP 33 is on my list of desires.
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remington yellow jacket .22 may run it, similar to stingers and a little cheaper. I do not know what the total length is.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had mine for about 2 months now....it is a ton of fun....I have fired mainly CCI Mini-Mags....it also works fine with Federal Match bulk ammo.
    No FTF or FTE with either so far with about 700 rds through it. I have added a Nikon Dot sight and picked up a couple extra magazines...

I took it Squirrel hunting the other day.....(NO I did not use a fully loaded mag, just 3 in the mag)...I got one with a 35 yard shot/first shot. He was tasty... Very accurate and my favorite range gun right now...?.
  • rufesnowrufesnow Member Posts: 241
    edited November -1
    chiefr wrote:
    I have been impressed with all KelTec products. The sub 9mms and the PMR 30. The charging handle locked back on my sub and sent it back.
    They replaced the entire stock assembly and has functioned flawlessly since. The CP 33 is on my list of desires.

You won't regret it! I'm quite the KelTec fan boy. First one, was a stainless P 11. When they first came available in 1996. Still have it. It's my spare EDC. Well over 1000 rounds through it, ( lot were my hot handloads). Couple parts broke, with all that shooting. But KelTec replaced them gratis. And installed them myself.

Bought a PMR 30, 6 years ago. Got over 2500 rounds through it, with no trouble. The only KelTec I cut loose, was one of their 32 auto mouse guns. Nothing wrong with it. Shot it quite a bit. As I didn't require, a deep cover mouse gun as my EDC.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Right now CP33s are priced sky high. I can remember PMR 30s selling for over $500 when they first came out. Same with their sub series and now you can get bargains on Subs and 30s.
    Our local dealer has some 33s on order and plans to sell them for what they are supposed to sell for. He said he would call me.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Load up on Yellow Jackets, then not only will your mag not function properly, the cartridges won't fire when the mag does work.

Sorry Rufe, with enormous respect, I do not see the attraction.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I paid 429.00 + tax at a local gun shop......I was happy with that.... :D

I was also able to buy two extra magazines for 49 bucks each.....