In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mustang California Special

buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
saw one on the street today.

[media]https://youtu.be/Ny3yocV_B4A[/media]

I thought it was odd because whenever you see "California" style stuff, it's supposed to be some cool thing from California. never the crappy things that come with living in California.

so if you really have a Mustang California Special...

[*] there are P65 Lead Warning stickers on every part of the car
[*] no matter where you go, gas is going to cost $4.85 a gallon
[*] whenever you get a speeding ticket, the cops pull you out of the car and rough you up
[*] has 3 catalytic converters at $1000 apiece
[*] you are forbidden to CCW in your car
[*] special low gear for driving 5 mph in 6 lanes of traffic

??? what else?

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not recall the year late 60's early 70's they ( ford ) had a California special mustang edition. there was even one in our small town in Ohio
    if I remember looked like a cross between a Shelby and a every day mustang . I remember it had the Shelby tail lights and maybe some other add ons
    I remember it was a med green on green and 1st time I saw it I thought some hot rodder had just made it up :? but years later remember seeing one in a hot rod mag
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    edited November -1
    saw one on the street today.

[media]https://youtu.be/Ny3yocV_B4A[/media]

I thought it was odd because whenever you see "California" style stuff, it's supposed to be some cool thing from California. never the crappy things that come with living in California.

so if you really have a Mustang California Special...

[*] there are P65 Lead Warning stickers on every part of the car
    [*] no matter where you go, gas is going to cost $4.85 a gallon
    [*] whenever you get a speeding ticket, the cops pull you out of the car and rough you up
    [*] has 3 catalytic converters at $1000 apiece
    [*] you are forbidden to CCW in your car
    [*] special low gear for driving 5 mph in 6 lanes of traffic

??? what else?
    It has lighters in the front and back so you can light up your doobie.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not recall the year late 60's early 70's they ( ford ) had a California special mustang edition. there was even one in our small town in Ohio
    if I remember looked like a cross between a Shelby and a every day mustang . I remember it had the Shelby tail lights and maybe some other add ons
    I remember it was a med green on green and 1st time I saw it I thought some hot rodder had just made it up :? but years later remember seeing one in a hot rod mag
    Late 60's, the 68 looked the best. With the 428CJ you'd never get the back tires to hook up. Had a chance to buy one in '74, for $3K. Man if I only knew then, what I know now.

7451582b61dc29212ca31f7b52a0ec53.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I like that '68
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My dad had a 64 1/2 four cylinder auto. When my youngest sister was born in '67 he traded it off on a Fairlane 500. :cry:
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    RIA10MMRIA10MM Member Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TRAP55 wrote:
    Late 60's, the 68 looked the best. With the 428CJ you'd never get the back tires to hook up. Had a chance to buy one in '74, for $3K. Man if I only knew then, what I know now.

7451582b61dc29212ca31f7b52a0ec53.jpg

Cougar rear end.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    looks a lot better that way.