In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

17 Kimber hornet ????

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in Ask the Experts
In my work of helping clear an estate of a grumpy old friend of mine I came across something that I can't find much info on. I have an RCBS die set for a 17 Kimber hornet. One box is a F/L set, and the other is a form set die with a bunch of stuff in it. Not sure if it's complete or not. What little info I could find on it was that it was an experimental chambering in the early 80's by Kimber of Oregon with about 100 being made. Need to sell it for the estate. TIA.

Todd

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I bet they were expensive. It's not on this list but maybe you could ask them what the set would have contained.

I would think they will be hard to sell as most folks acquired the dies for their rifle so they could shoot it, as I doubt there was any factory ammo.

Hornet brass is thin and IIRC easy to collapse. I didn't have my Hornet for long. .222 is a lot easier to work with.

http://www.huntingtons.com/dies_caseform.html
  • GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do a chamber cast and see what you have. FLS die.
    This should give you some info.
  • rufesnowrufesnow Member Posts: 241
    edited November -1
    Custom dies, without the rifle they were made for, going to be a hard sell. I've been stuck, with similar things like this in the past. Not worth aggravating yourself over them. Put them on the auction, at no reserve. Starting at a penny. Never can tell might work out OK? Whatever they sell for? Won't make a bit of difference, to your grumpy old friend.