Prayers for PerryShooter ,,EDIT w/Photo,,,

Comments

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 18,926 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is a terrible way to go. I pray for him and his family. I know the emotional burden of being a caregiver it is soul crushing seeing someone you have known all your life and love drift away in front of your eyes.
    RLTW

• Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Dad had Alzheimers. I know what Karl's family is going through. It's almost like a little piece of Dad died every day. When he was in the early stages and I would go see him every week, he greeted me at the door one day. I asked him how he was doing and he said " My forgetter is working just fine". Towards the end he could only speak in one or two word sentences.

His wife was his caregiver until the last few months when she put him in a local nursing home. She died the following summer from a broken heart.

I hope Karl's family is up for the battle, it's a horrible thing to go through when it's someone you love.

Joe
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear. I remember when I first joined these boards years ago, he was one of the first to welcome me and has always been very gracious with his knowledge.
  • asopasop Member Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Time marches on my friends, time marches on. Gotta have fun every day.
  • MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers for Karl from here. What a terrible disease and wish him peace during his time of transition. Never had the pleasure of meeting him in person but did converse a few times about guns and cars. His request not to be forgotten hits home.

Is there something we could do as a group for him? Send cards or a common card with all our Gunbroker usernames?
    Regards, MAALOX
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 22,863 ******
    edited November -1
    I have made this topic a sticky. I'd like it remain on our boards as a lasting tribute to Karl, who we all know a PerryShooter.
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,968
    edited November -1
    Lord have mercy on Perry. A good man. May Perry find solutions.
    "What is truth?'
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,758 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Terrible news, it?s been awhile since I heard his booming accent on the phone and I wish timing would have allowed us to meet when I was over there. Helluva guy
  • Gregor62Gregor62 Member Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been praying for him since he announced the sale of his guns. Life is so precious, we just need to embrace it, and live every day like it's the last.
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear this

Prayers sent
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member, Moderator Posts: 29,888 ******
    edited November -1
    When we saw him in February he was getting around good, but he was fretful, couldn't keep up with things and seemed restless. Speaking to him from time to time I could tell he wasn't happy. He was sweet as can be every time we spoke and I enjoyed every conversation immensely. Talking to his wife soon after it seemed things were getting more serious. I'm somewhat relieved by the idea he may not suffer with this for an extended amount of time while at the same time wishing there were some way to keep Perry with us as long as possible.

The caliber of people that seem to be prevalent these days make you really appreciate the gems like him. If I could hope for one cure to one disease it would be this one.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at [email protected]
  • hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers sent.I will always remember his kindness and willingness to share his knowledge and experience.
  • mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers for him an family
  • bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bill,
    Please pass along to Karl that we pray for him daily and there are many here, some like me that have never met him but will always remember him and his post here.
    I pray to the Lord that he makes Karl's final trip a peaceful one.

May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind be always at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face;

the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,

may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

God Bless
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    This has touched my family and so many others. Sincere thoughts and prayer sent from here.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,628 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the information as sad as it is. Prayers for Karl from here.
    What's next?
  • Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,083 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I Pray for Karl and His Family.

Mark since this is a sticky would it be appropriate that maybe someone could post a picture of Karl, to Remember?
  • forgemonkeyforgemonkey Member Posts: 20,324 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I Pray for Karl and His Family.

Mark since this is a sticky would it be appropriate that maybe someone could post a picture of Karl, to Remember?

Done,,,,,in my original post.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 62,767 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The most horrid way to the end when folks and family cannot be identified. It will leave an everlasting mark on anyone who sees it. Prayers to all of those.
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 38,631 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear this. We talked a couple times. Great guy. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. Oak
  • westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers for Karl and his family from here.
  • boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just seeing this, hate to hear of this, perryshooter you've been a good man here. Not forgotten!!
  • wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    Alzheimer's is a terrible, ugly disease which robs the victim of everything save their very humanity, eventually. My heart goes out Perry
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,632 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn... Karl you're not and will not be forgotten my friend!
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 38,631 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you Karl. Your an exceptional person, and someone I really admire. Oak
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,188 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sent from here.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,807 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very sad to hear, my mother is going down the same path just about an 1 hour east of him in RVA. It is tough to see the person you grew up with fade away with each visit. peace to him and his family.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member Posts: 59,469 ✭✭✭✭

Prayers for his family. May the healing begin and the pain subside.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,837 ✭✭✭
    Prayers sent ...
    My mom had a brain tumor that imitated Alzheimer's/dementia.  In fact for a couple months the doctors thought it was Alzheimer's but because of how fast she was deteriorating they did more tests.  In 11 months she went from general good health, alert and aware to bedridden because she would fall out of a chair.  By the time they figured out it was a tumor, (about 5 months) her chances of surviving the surgery was such that no  surgeon would take it on. Her sister quit coming to visit her about that time because Mom typically didn't know who she was.  About a month before she passed she would tell me about what she was going to do when she got out of high school and stories about her little boy (me).  Its a very sad and painful thing to watch, but for the most part she was happy.
    Her doctor told me that if we live long enough, everyone will get it, fortunately (or not) the body usually wears out before the brain.

If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭
    Prayers for him an his family
  • gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 14,186 ✭✭✭
    edited February 3
    I always read your posts.
    Why you were never included in AskThe Experts is a mystery !
    I will never forget you, and wish you all the best, always.
    "Remember, feed your head"
    Sincerely,
    gesshots,
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,036 ✭✭✭
    That's very sad to hear. Prayers for Karl.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭
    I met Karl a few times and shot in a match with him once.  He is a generous man, kind, knowledgable and sharing.  That is the way I choose to remember my time with this great man.
  • Really sad to read this. 
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭
    Perry has been (In my opinion) the most knowledgeable person concerning 1911's to have blessed us with his presence here on GB.  I like to think I am fairly knowledgeable about them, but what I know couldn't fill a thimble to what Perry knows... :/

Trinity +++ 
  • themountainmanthemountainman Member Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭
    I hate this for one of the all time good guys.  Prayers sent
    There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those who can do math and those who can't. :?
  • LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭
    Prayers for Karl and family,a very intelligent man,loved his 45s..I learned a great deal from him  ..Loko 
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    perry (karl) and i were close friends. he and i have been around here since GB's concept. smart as a whip, he is.
    i enjoyed being his guest at his home range many times and as mentioned, his knowledge of the 1911 and high standard is unsurpassed.
    i pray that he balances out his account with his maker and lives in peace on earth for as long as GOD wills it.
    he is a great man. salt of the earth. bless him and his family and i pray that the peace that passes all understanding be with them in these trying times.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • LIKTOSHOOTLIKTOSHOOT Member Posts: 522
    Best to you Buddy, while you may forget us, we will never forget you-or your sage wisdom.
    LTS