In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Magazine ID help needed

gnprtsgnprts Member Posts: 345 ✭✭
edited December 2019 in Ask the Experts

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    7th pic is the magazine I use in my High Standard HD Military.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    The magazine which has the metal box surrounding it is a ten round .22 caliber magazine for a Ciener Mini-14 conversion kit. They are still available from Ciener and retail for $35 NIB.

tyBeRAn.jpg
  • Options
    rufesnowrufesnow Member Posts: 241
    edited November -1
    First Magazine is for a Ceiner .22 conversion. The ones I'm familiar with, are on a 1911 frame. But he has also made other conversions for various handguns. It is very unique, as it is bilite machined from a aluminum extrusion.

The pinto High Standard magazine. Is for their pre 1950 handguns. That had the magazine release, on the bottom of the grip. They made 2 sizes of these mags, varying in length. If in VG condition and functional. Could be worth $50+?, to a collector.
  • Options
    John StimsonJohn Stimson Member Posts: 26
    edited November -1
    The High Standard magazine is the finger style and has the large diameter follower button.

The same style magazine was introduced with the first of the long grip frame pistols in the first half of 1938 but these early magazines had the small diameter follower button. The small diameter follower button magazines were used on all models introduced before the lever letter design series in 1949. This included Models A, D, E, S, H-A, H-E, H-D, U.S.A. MODEL H-D, and Model H-D Military. The larger follower button magazines were introduced in 1949 and continued until the introduction of the Harry Sefried II designed lip style magazines in late 1952 to early 1953. The large button finger style magazine was used in Models G-D,and G-E from the lever letter design series and the Supermatic, Sport King, and Field King models in the lever name design series.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    There are only 2 magazines pictured here and neither one is a Ruger.

added I'm not sure but I don't recall ever seeing a split "fingered" lip 22 magazine other than the High Standard. I love this design because it far easier to tune the magazine to the pistol than the more common design of fixed lips found on everything else. The bad side is the fingers can be broken off.
  • Options
    John StimsonJohn Stimson Member Posts: 26
    edited November -1
    Catmandon1 wrote:
    3rd one up from the bottom im seeing alot more than 2 magazines Charlie. Definitely looks like the ruger target pistol magazine to me

The magazine pictured is a High Standard finger style magazine with the large follower button.

Your confusion comes from the fact that the early Ruger pistols used a cut down High Standard magazine with a Ruger base added. This conversion reduced the magazine capacity form 10 to 9 rounds.

The Ruger magazine with its Ruger base should never be confused with a High Standard magazine.
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1911 22 conversion mag not made by colt,,Kimber,sig,??
  • Options
    gnprtsgnprts Member Posts: 345 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Using a tip from a member above that gave me some direction
    I found this information about the first magazine in photos.
    Ciener Platinum Cup 1911 Conversion .22 Long Rifle Magazine 10 Rounds
    Thanks to all.
This discussion has been closed.