In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

16 gauge

338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone still make a 16 gauge shotgun ? Any info is always appreciated.

Comments

• rufesnowrufesnow Member Posts: 241
    edited November -1
    Unlike here in the States. 16 gauge shotguns, are very popular overseas. Recently i ran across a Remington 870 in 16 gauge. That was for sale. It appeared to be recently made, and was in excellent condition. Amazed me, never knew they were made in 16 gauge? Had never run across one before. Kind of suspensioned, it was made for sale. To the other side of the pond.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Browning but that's about it I believe.
    Rufe, you should have bought that 870. They bring good bucks here.
  • pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Still my favorite . I started with a model 37 Winchester in 16 gauge given to me by my grandfather . Shot my first squirrel with it . Always on the lookout for anything in 16
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have owned a bunch of 16s over the years. As much as it pains me to say it the 16 is about dead here in the states. About every 10 years or so Browning makes a run of 16s. A Browning rep was in the store and I asked why only once about every ten years? His reply was it takes that long to sell out that small production run. They only keep the 16 in the line up because they sell a decent quantity in Europe. Because they have all the tooling they make a small run for the U.S. market every so often.

16 gauge guns usually sell for less than similar 20s and 12s. If you are only an occasional shooter you can save a few bucks on the gun by going 16. If you shoot a lot and buy factory ammo any savings in the gun is quickly eaten up by the ammo cost. Bob
  • bearman49709bearman49709 Member Posts: 503
    edited November -1
    Browning still makes the Citori, the new A5 Sweet 16 and up until this year the BPS all in 16ga.
    I can't remember who it is but a couple of companies in Europe makes one or more SxS, O/U and semi-auto's. Tristar makes a semi-auto and O/U.