In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Still looking for Ruger help

JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in Ask the Experts
I called Ruger today and a lady took the serial number of my 1751 and said it was made in Dec. 2013. I asked how many and she said they dont make that information available. Next she said it was not a special order for anyone. Next, she asked me where did you get that gun? This is getting more interesting as time passes.

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Well since you can't get a straight answer from Ruger, I don't see much hope getting one from anyplace else. Maybe put your request in writing to the chairman or president of Ruger, perhaps they have more information than some phone clerk.

I think you should make up a story. It was part of a black ops, CIA, limited, off book, secret purchase order for special agents doing wet work in the sandbox. No one can dispute your claim, and you are free to dream up any value you want for your one of say 25 special units. Maybe if you tell them that story, they will make a little more effort to find the truth.

added I think the pistols pre-date obozo and his POS Attorney Generalissimo holder plus the whole coup attempt of the national insecurity/un-intelligence and FIB agencies.
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LOL Thats probably the best advice I got so far, love it. j
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    there's another forum populated by devoted Ruger nuts who can probably shed some light
    edited November -1
    The Ruger forum did not really have any solid data. The forum moderator did have two of these guns, the only ones I have believed valid.
    edited November -1
    After a month of research I have hit a stone wall, so what Charlie says must be true? If anyone can refute that please let me know.
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JimmyJack wrote:
    After a month of research I have hit a stone wall, so what Charlie says must be true? If anyone can refute that please let me know.

I think Charlie is getting his story mixed up. IIRC, it was part of the fast and furious operation, the Obummer administration paid Ruger to make a few special guns for our cartel friends.... w/o any records.... :mrgreen:

Sorry you can't find much out. I've tried similar searches with Ruger, and came up with close to the same results...