In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FN Hi Power?

c.shimerc.shimer Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
edited December 2019 in Ask the Experts
My friend has what he says is an Israeli FN Hi Power he bought some years ago surplus for $499.00. I don't think it is really a Hi Power but I have never been a HP fan. It has all matching serial numbers on the the frame, slide and barrel + on the left side of the trigger guard it has an M and on the right side of the trigger guard what looks like a pineapple. The slide is marked Fabrique Nationale Herstal Belgique Browning's Patent Depose. Has a tang hammer and Novak sights and a slim safety. also no mag disconnector. On the rear right side of the frame it says A.E. Co N.Y.C. I can not find anything as to who A.E. Co was. It came with a brown flap holster that holds 1 extra magazine that looks like what the German P-38 used in WW2.
Is this really a HP and what is it worth these days? Could not attach pics kept saying file too large but if you know how to make the pics smaller let me Know I only have what came with Windows 10.362307_3dab838d985fadbd36d6d01008226e14.jpg

Comments

• Options
    TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it possible the "A & E " is really A & F ?
    Abercrombie & Fitch was big in high quality shotguns, rifles and safari stuff back in the day. I think they also carried
    some handguns.
  • Options
    Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The HP is the Browning model of 1935, so I doubt any were made before that.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The guys are correct. A&F was an importer & retailer of firearms in NYC. The Hipower was designed & licensed by Browning Arms, who didn't actually manufacture guns. It sounds like your pistol is a genuine FN Hipower. If there are markings that indicate that it was used by the Israelis, that likely indicates their use in the late 1940's - 1950's.

Refinished & mutilated by the installation of commercial sights, I would expect it to sell for around $200.
  • Options
    rufesnowrufesnow Member Posts: 241
    edited November -1
    It might or might not, be a real McCoy Belgian Hi Powder? During the 1980's, repo Hi Powders were made by the Feguvar Company. They were from Hungary. And were almost exact copies of the FN made Belgian guns, down to the markings.

Most of the Feguvar repo H-P's pistols. Supposedly were made for sale to either Iran or Iraq. During the war they were fighting in the Persian Gulf, during the 80's.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit. If a bunch of these pistols were brought in as surplus. Supposedly from Israel, wink, wink. IMHO,this would have made them a lot more salable and desirable. Than if they were sold, as either Iraq or Iran surplus HP's.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Post better pic's. You need to use a program to re-size your pic's or find a place to host them. There are free answer to those issues.