In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

husqvarna rifle

patt7638patt7638 Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in Ask the Experts
Did they ever make a rifle chambered for 280 Rem. I can not seem to find one. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Did you try looking for 7mm Rem Express. Perhaps a 7x63mm.

Wow out of biz in 72

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Husqvarna_Vapenfabrik

added Your Shaw barrel should be at least meat gun accurate, maybe even better. Never saw any that were tack drivers, out of perhaps a 100.
  • Options
    rufesnowrufesnow Member Posts: 241
    edited November -1
    If you have a Husqvarna chambered in .280 Rem. I would be darned sure to have it chamber casted, before shooting. It could be OK? But it also could be a 7 X 64. That has been fiddled with. To make it saleable here in the U.S. Given that the availability of 7 X 64 ammo, on this side of the pond. Is almost nonexistent.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here are the chambers offered by Husqvarna and HVA:
    Early Husqvarna rifles were offered in 9.3x57, 6.5x55, 9.3x62 and 8x57. With Husqvarna rifles on FN actions, the .220 Swift, .270 Winchester and .30-06 Springfield calibers were added.

When HVA started making its own action, offerings ranged from the .243 Winchester to .358 Norma Magnum.

Note the term 'range' used for the HVA description. Unfortunately this range did not include the .280 Rem. or the 7mm Express as pointed out by rufesnow. The closest to your chamber in question was the 7x64 or otherwise known as the 7mm Brenneke. It is not possible to create a .280 Rem. chamber by simply reaming an existing 7x64 chamber as the headspace would be wrong without setting the barrel back one thread.

I shoot one Swedish Guild rifle in 7x64 which is excellent with iron sights being about 3/4" for 3-shot groups.

Best.
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Really interesting guys. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,382 ***** Forums Admin
    edited December 2019
    One could always have one re-barreled If it's something you really want. I just had an HVA 30-06 re-barreled to 6.5-06. Beautiful rifle.
  • Options
    patt7638patt7638 Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I discovered, after I removed the stock, that the barrel was stamped E. R. Shaw, 794. The trigger was replaced with a Timney trigger. The barrel was rather dirty but it was easy to clean up.
  • Options
    hedgehopper62hedgehopper62 Member Posts: 636 ✭✭
    I can post on forums after 3 years. I have 2 Husqvarna rifles (old) one is a 32-20 marked 32win. 7.65mm. the other is a 22 LR . I also have a 7 X 64 that is a H&R TKS.hedge