In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I Dont Know Which Is Right

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
My daughter got married in October again and her oldest kid is 15. The lady that took pictures of the wedding brought an 18 year old niece to the wedding to help take pictures also.

Well come to find out she liked my daughters kid Cameron and she told him all kinds of things she wanted to do to him and my daughter lost it.

She told her that if she ever texted her kid again she was going to beat the wheels off of her.

I told her that she was wrong. When i was 15 i was dating 17 and 18 year old girls. They were more fun than girls my age. A lot less games and drama.

If it was the other way around i think it would be wrong but with a guy its different to me.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is your daughter's prerogative to protect her child as she sees fit.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mom forbids him to.......

Its gonna happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silently, slip the boy some condoms, Gramps.
    You will keep him out of trouble, keep peace in the family and bond with the boy. Tell him you are there if he needs to talk.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bustedknee wrote:
    Mom forbids him to.......

Its gonna happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silently, slip the boy some condoms, Gramps.
    You will keep him out of trouble, keep peace in the family and bond with the boy. Tell him you are there if he needs to talk.

agree
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    flip side , if it was a daughter that was 15 would you be Ok with a 19 year old young man sending info on all the thinks he would like to do

its always been like a double edge sword as in go get them son ;) and no way in hell fellow not with my daughter :x . but watching the news over the last few years I have noticed its getting more attention if a older girl ( above 18 ) has relations with a younger male (under 18 ) she is also a labeled a predator and could spend time in the gray bar hotel
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it is to early for the 15 year old to take on that responsibility. I would let the mom make the decisions. Hopefully she has had the birds and bees talk with him.

That all said I wish I were offered that when I was 15. Given the opportunity I think he will make his own choice so I guess some condoms and a little discussion in private might not be a bad thing. If mom find out you would be in a heap of trouble, and she very well may find out. Not worth getting involved might be the best answer.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,356 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    mnrivrat48 wrote:
    INot worth getting involved might be the best answer.

Yep, let mom handle it, IMO.
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's the Aunt look like?

Just asking.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree, stay out of it. If the girl goes through with it, and Mom turns her in to the police, the girl may be labeled a sex offender. That is a lifetime of troubles.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mom ought to be happy it was the woman's niece and not her nephew.
  • Options
    tcattttcattt Member Posts: 41
    edited November -1
    Support Mom's decision