In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I Never Thought I Would Say This

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
Since i was a kid about 12 i started collecting guns. Most birthdays and Christmas i would get a gun.

At this point in life i am 54 and i only have about 10 or 12 guns left that i want. All my safes are full so if something comes in most likely something will have to leave. I am lucky that all of my 4 kids love guns and my oldest grandkids loves guns so there is a place for them.

I am going to try and stay strong and STOP buying guns that i do not want just because i can double my money with buying it. It does me no good buying a deal because i never get rid of anything. My wife and kids benefit down the road but not me. LOL

2020 STAY STRONG is my motto.

Now if i just knew how to do that. I will work on it.

Comments

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    whenever you feel the urge to buy dave, just send the money to me instead, problem solved..........
  • mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I feel your pain. Has to be something special for me to buy an keep it.
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the same disease.
    Its incurable.
    So, I'll just go with it.
    My problem is, I start collecting a particular brand and model, then find something else I like even better. But what? $They have a deluxe model?$$ Interesting calibers?$$$ Odd configuration?$$$$ Special order? $$$$$Factory engraved?$$$$$$ Mint condition?$$$$$$$
    Well you get the idea......I have the attention span of a glow worm.
  • bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Old Indian saying:
    (Old Indian not old saying)

Warrior cannot enter happy hunting ground without weapons.
    If weapons equal to or greater than number of winters, brave much honored with large teepee and much young squaws.

I'm planning to live 100 winters.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If i die before 120 or 130 winters then i will have a large teepee and many young squaws. However my wife might frown on the young squaw part. We will keep that between you and me on the down low. LOL

If i have my choice can i get a mixture of young squaws and older freaks. I think that might make life more interesting after i die. Maybe through in a crazy one or two just to keep drama going. LOL
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I want no lock S&W 617, a Springfield M6 (not the CZ made for Springfield) and Sako TRG or Dakota "Long Bow" (pre-Remington) at a reasonable price but those are pipe dreams. Also the state of California made it difficult (read will keep tabs on your buying) to use those fire arms. Unless you roll your own. But I fear most folks aren't paying attention that each new brass shells and projectiles will also need to go to FFL after 2024 (the next wave).