In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

After watching LSU, I think Clemson and OSU are

dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
playing for the right to get beaten (possibly badly) in the National Championship game!!

What say you??

Comments

• Options
    RIA10MMRIA10MM Member Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could have easily scored 75/80 points.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,663 ******
    edited November -1
    LSU and Ohio State can tackle. Oklahoma and Clemson ....can?t.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well Well Well OS ate the dust. So glad Clemson..little ol' Clemson put them in their place. All yr.. how good Ohio State was is all they talked about . This will be the 4th yr. in a row Clemson the defending National Champion plays for the title. They may not win but at least they got there. All those Sportscasters that ruled them out.....LMAO..
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,181 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you imagine coaching a game when your sons wife just got killed in a plane crash on the way to the game ??..that had to be tuff doings.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My initial thoughts are that it will be a toss up, with LSU favored by about a TD. Clemson will be out to win their 30th straight game to tie Texas. LSU has the good fortune to play the game in their hom state.
    What's next?
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It will be a good game LSU is great and Clemsons QB Lawrence is sensational. Promises to be a good one. My bet is on Clemson Tigers. :mrgreen:
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My bet is on Clemson Tigers.
    ME TOO!!!!
    JIM...................
  • Options
    hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clemson brought their own officials to play Ohio.

Can't do that with LSU.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hobo9650 wrote:
    Clemson brought their own officials to play Ohio.

Can't do that with LSU.

Poor Ohio State coach ... said he was angry they didn't win. All I could think about was Woody Hayes running on the field punching the Clemson Player yrs ago... Ohio State has not ever beaten Clemson... 0-4. It was all his fault by not getting his team in the end zone 3 times while in the red zone. For some reason I cannot get that last play of the game out of my mind. 2 interceptions last night when the quarterback only had 2 all season. They had a communication breakdown... crash and burn..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5etcNNOCVk
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,432 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since I don't closely follow either LSU or Clemson, I just hope for a great game. Being in Indiana and an alum of WI, I mainly follow the Big 10. When OSU had to settle for those early field goals, I knew there was trouble brewing.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well into the season I thought the Buckeyes were unbeatable, then when LSU pasted A&M 50-7, I started wondering again, but once LSU stomped on Georgia, I shifted over to LSU. Granted..I fell victim to ESPN and other media spin that Clemson doesn't play any tough teams, and the usual media bias that surrounds the SEC and BIG-10, before I started to focus on Clemson and the teams they have stomped on in CFP competition, so I watched the bowl game figuring it would be a good one, and it was.

The so called Fuller recovery of a fumble turned into TD that was called back was the right call, because it was not a catch, and if you watch the video in real time the whole episode lasted about a nano second - it was fast. Watching it in slow motion gives one the impression that it might have been a catch and fumble. The initial call was wrong and the booth officials got it right.

What hurt the Buckeyes most were the targeting call and the roughing the kicker call...both legitimate beyond question, which gave first downs and very long and quick scoring drives to Clemson.
    What's next?
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The targeting call was correct due to the rule being written the way it is. He wasn't targeting and the head contact was made when the quarterback brought his head down when he crouched causing the head contact. Not that he did that on purpose to cause the contact, just that he did and because the way the rule is written the call was made correctly, bad break for OS on a good defensive play.

I do not agree on the fumble call, the receiver had both hands firmly gripped on the ball took two steps and was making a movement with the ball when it was knocked out. In fact he had pulled the ball down and was pulling it away from the defender when it was knocked loose. The defender didn't cause the ball not to be caught and the receiver did not juggle the ball, he made a firm two handed catch and took two steps before is was knocked loose. The receiver had control of the ball regardless of how fast the play was. Had he crossed the goal line in those two steps it would have been a touch down.

Had OS played better they still win the loss is theirs to deal with, losing the starting running back may have made some difference also but things like that happen. OS played a better field game but didn't finish a couple of drives and that's on them.