In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I have never been a fan

Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
of Rossi firearms but this one is different from anything I have ever seen come from them. A 16" stainless model 92 carbine chambered for .45 Colt. This tiny little rifle weighs 5.2 lbs on my scale and holds 8 bullets in the full length mag. It is as slick as any lever gun I have ever picked up. She is from an estate sale and the guy was a cowboy shooter so maybe somebody did some work I don't know but I stopped twice while listing it cause I was seriously thinking about keeping it. Me strong like bear so here she is.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/850943294
Starts at 9 tonight.

Comments

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes Sir.

That is really nice.

I'd buy that, if I were you. :P
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,027 ******
    edited November -1
    fine shootin iron there boy,, :):):):)
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It sure is purty unlike most Rossi firearms I have experience with. One gripe is if they are going to copy Winchesters they could leave off that god awful safety. Bob
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is nice!

The guy must have been into 45 colt lever guns. You have sold at least 6 of them.

I wonder why Winchester never made then in the 1800's? Was it due to the small rim or the straight case?
    RLTW

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm disappointed in you, Ricci. "holds 8 bullets"?
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep bullets. Eight primers and eight cartridge cases, and a little powder. I was taught to shoot skeet by a very good shotgun shooter and he always called shotgun ammo bullets. I like it.
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ricci

Well it doesn?t hurt that it is also a really good looking rifle. All the metal except the sights is polished stainless steel which contracts nicely with the dark straight grained walnut. For sights you have a big brass bead up front and a buckhorn rear.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My spell check frequently changes words that I have misspelled to words that I did not want to use. As long as no one looses an eye and the gun sells all is good.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice looking gun Ricci. I am not a fan of the stupid safety though. I hear you can take them out or turn them into a peep sight.
    RLTW

• Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the 357mag version of that gun imported by Interarms. One of my favorite guns to shoot.
    I'm tempted as that would go well with my Ruger Redhawk 45 Colt.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My spell check frequently changes words that I have misspelled to words that I did not want to use. As long as no one looses an eye and the gun sells all is good.

If you think that's bad ....... try "talk to text" on your cell phone while a tv or radio is playing (even softly) Lord only knows what will come out the other side. Folks will think you're either drunk or on drugs. :D
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:
    Nice looking gun Ricci. I am not a fan of the stupid safety though. I hear you can take them out or turn them into a peep sight.

I have the blued, octagon long barreled version in .38/.357 and I deleted the safety with a kit from Steve's Gunz, it was easy but the S and F are stamped and can't be gotten rid of without a file.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,070 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wanted their mare's leg but I missed out on the cut off date here in California for single shot exemption.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rossi made a winne pump 22 clone in short and long barrel and were bought by Taurus who continued production but with a stupid OHSA safety on top.... someone now makes a plug for that spot...got several ...the short barrel are fun little shooters and easy handle in a small pickup or tractor ... well made
  • Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    spasmcreek wrote:
    Rossi made a winne pump 22 clone in short and long barrel and were bought by Taurus who continued production but with a stupid OHSA safety on top.... someone now makes a plug for that spot...got several ...the short barrel are fun little shooters and easy handle in a small pickup or tractor ... well made
    My first rifle was one of those early Rossi copies given to me by my grandpa. I killed more critters with that rifle than I could ever count. Still have it too. :D
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That was the Rossi 62 SA