Compatible cartridge rifle and pistol combo wish list

mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭
edited January 2 in General Discussion
Compatible cartridge rifle and pistol combo wish list

What common chamber cartridge compatible rifle and pistol package would you like to have or would like to see produced???

Consider a 3 gun fixed position scoot and shoot event...

A stand alone shotgun and a rifle / pistol combo chambered for the same cartridge...

As an example: I would like to see mossberg offer a semiautomatic pistol that accepts glock magazines and a semiautomatic camp style personal defense carbine that accepts glock magazines both chambered in .357 sig - accompanied by a mossberg 500 12 gauge pump action combat configured shotgun

I have a pair of great western SAA colt clone revolvers - one chambered in .357 Atomic and one chambered in .401 herters power mag and I would like someone to manufacture a lever action or pump action short rifle or carbine that accepts both cartridges...

What's on your wish list - what are your thoughts on the matter - what out of production oddball obsolete obscure personal favorite or pet cartridge would you like to see that fits the above-mentioned parameters???

From practical to tactical to just because what is on your list???

Mike

Comments

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 7,830 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    .357 Pistol (which I own) and a .357 IME/IMI Timberwolf Pump. (Wish list.)

9 mm handgun (a'hem) several, and my Marlin Camp 9. (Modified.) Yes I own a S&W mdl. 59. (Shares mags.) 33 round mags for the Camp 9. Bushnell M/P Trophy red/green T-dot. Blackjack buffer. Barrel mounted instant on 1K lumen light. Etc. Etc. A sweet/solid/reliable firearm.

Would like a Marlin Camp .45. (But) They are getting rediculously expensive. (Only .45 I own that I like/trust, is my Kahr .45.) My 1911's suck/are unreliable. :o (Sorry, that is the truth. Not looking to offend anyone.) Only Firearms I have ever purchased, that do not function, as designed/left the factory. A HUGE disappointment.

Almost forgot about my Glock 22 .(40 cal.) [Functions perfectly.] and my Kel-Tec Sub 2K in .40, sharing mags. (My car get home combo.) 17 round mags for the glock. 31 round mags for the Sub2K. (Interchangeable.)

I would like a long gun that would accept mags to compliment my various Buckmarks. Yes I know they make Buckmark carbines. Pistol with a type of stock/long barrel. Sorry, not my cup of tea.

Extreme NE TN/W NC ya'll. 😁

• GreatGunsGreatGuns Member Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really love the 7.62x25 cartridge! It's a punchy little rascal. With proper loading, it will defeat body armor too. So, the Tokarev TT-33 and Czech CZ-52 service pistols....and the PPSh-41 for the rifle part of my equation. ;)

Jim
    edited November -1
    GreatGuns wrote:
    I really love the 7.62x25 cartridge! It's a punchy little rascal. With proper loading, it will defeat body armor too. So, the Tokarev TT-33 and Czech CZ-52 service pistols....and the PPSh-41 for the rifle part of my equation. ;)

Jim

Yep, I'd agree with that. First pistol/handgun I recommended to my older Brother was a CZ-52. He will not sell it to me now. :x Ungrateful Bassturd.

Like to see a 7.62 X 52 Semi-Auto Carbine.

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 19,073 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The PPSh-41 is really a fun gun to shoot. I have put 1000's of rounds through them and the only thing more fun IMO is an American 180.

The 357 SIG would be a great round in a carbine I watched a video where a guy was getting over 1900 fps in a 16" barrel.
    RLTW

• SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a .357 combo and, of course, .22 LR combo, I've even got a .270 Winchester combo with an Encore and a pre 64 model 70 Winchester.

I would like to get a Browning 1885 in .454 Casull to go along with my Ruger revolver. The .454 combo would actually be a great combo here in Indiana as it is a legal deer cartridge for public properties. It would also be good any where is the country for what ever you wanted to hunt with it. Out of a rifle the .454 has plenty of power for anything in North America with the limiting factor being range. But out of a rifle it should be a 200 yard game getter.
    edited November -1
    I have 3 and I think I am covered with them

22LR

44 Magnum

9mm

If I had to have another one I think a 357 mag would be nice, I would want either a lever or pump gun. I like the remake of the Colt lighting.
    RLTW

• mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Semiautomatic pistol and carbine combo wish list:

.41 action express
    .30 US carbine
    .30 Luger
    .30 Mauser
    8mm nambu
    .351 WSL
    .401 WSL
    .32 NAA
    .327 federal magnum
    .32-20 wcf
    .32 h&r magnum
    .45 win mag

Just to name a few that would be superb in a carbine or short rifle.

Mike
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I completed my wish list this year with a Ruger #1 in .480 Ruger. I?ve had a Super Redhawk for years and killed several dear with it. Bought the #1 but haven?t killed a deer with it yet. I need to get some .475 Linebaugh brass for the rifle, as there is not enough case capacity in the .480 brass for the rifle to reach it?s potential.
    edited November -1
    I forgot my .44mag Ruger Blackhawk/.44mag Ruger Carbine. :o

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 21,944 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't really have a wish list, but am keeping my eyes open for a lever action rifle in .50 AE.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Edspdog1Edspdog1 Member Posts: 231 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    44/40 rifle and revolver. Would need to hand load for money savings.
    Won't burst the ole ear drums if you choose to be out with out ear protection.
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have several compatible sets but my favorite is my Ruger Stainless New Model Vaquero 4 1/2" .357 and my 1980 lever action Marlin 1894 .357.......being a country boy and watching all of those cowboy shows while growing up had an affect on me ;) ..... :D
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 12,561 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got a couple of 40 caliber Glocks and a Sub-2000 carbine in 40 that takes the G23 mags. It's a great combo!
    Something I'd like to see produced is a Model 94 in .41 Magnum to go with my 41 mag Blackhawk.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 48,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have .45 Colt, but would like to have a rifle to go with the .44-40 revolvers.
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,427 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got a couple of 40 caliber Glocks and a Sub-2000 carbine in 40 that takes the G23 mags. It's a great combo!
    Something I'd like to see produced is a Model 94 in .41 Magnum to go with my 41 mag Blackhawk.

If you don?t HAVE to have it be a Winchester you can get Marlin and Henry leverguns in .41 Mag. There?s a bunch on the auction side. If you have to have a Winchester you might be able to rebarrel a Model 94.
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 36,518 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I may eventually spring for the Big Horn Armory 500 Smith and Wesson lever gun to go with My Smith 500
  • Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No combo wish list here.

Already have two combo rifle/shotguns of different gauge/calibers each and have several rifle/handgun combos too.

:)
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 12,561 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ruger41 wrote:

If you don?t HAVE to have it be a Winchester you can get Marlin and Henry leverguns in .41 Mag. There?s a bunch on the auction side. If you have to have a Winchester you might be able to rebarrel a Model 94.
    I'd really like it to be a '94. I've seen the Marlins and Henrys, but they just don't appeal to me like the 94.
    That may be a project gun after I retire...
  • sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 9mm glocks and a 9mm AR that takes glock mags, several S&W 44 magnums and a couple 44mag lever guns.. i wish someone would create a 45acp rifle that would take 1911 mags that works reliably
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A mini Mauser bolt action carbine with long eye relief forward mount scout style scope or red dot optic (with or without a detachable magazine) or a rolling block carbine with traditional sights chambered in .460 S&W magnum to accompany one of the like chambered Smith and Wesson revolvers would provide some interesting performance envelope capabilities...

In addition you have nice selection of lighter / shorter cartridges that would safely chamber...

And of interest to me is that current revolvers chambered for the .460 utilize progressive gain twist rifling to stabilize the bullet - a carbine or short rifle set up that way fascinates me - I happen to own a military bolt action rifle that has progressive gain twist rifling and I don't believe many other (if any) production long arms ever utilized this patent design architecture...

The .500 S&W might benefit from being tried out in the same manner / on similar platforms...

Mike
    edited November -1
    I have 9mm glocks and a 9mm AR that takes glock mags, several S&W 44 magnums and a couple 44mag lever guns.. i wish someone would create a 45acp rifle that would take 1911 mags that works reliably

Marlin Camp .45.

No reliability issues I have ever heard of. I know I have never had any with my 9. I will say some common uprgrades are replacing the buffer with a Blackjack Buffer, and replacing/upgrading the recoil springs. I believe it it 11-12# for the .9mm and 16# for the .45. If my memory is correct.

edited November -1

Marlin Camp .45.

No reliability issues I have ever heard of. I know I have never had any with my 9. I will say some common uprgrades are replacing the buffer with a Blackjack Buffer, and replacing/upgrading the recoil springs. I believe it it 11-12# for the .9mm and 16# for the .45. If my memory is correct.

Ken I heard just the opposite. I heard they were picky about magazines.

I have seen several AR style carbines in 45 ACP that have an adapter to fit 1911 mags. I cannot remember who makes them and if they are reliable.
    RLTW

edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:

Marlin Camp .45.

Ken I heard just the opposite. I heard they were picky about magazines.

I have seen several AR style carbines in 45 ACP that have an adapter to fit 1911 mags. I cannot remember who makes them and if they are reliable.

Interesting. I had never heard that. I own a Camp 9, not the .45 though. I can not say I have any firsthand knowledge of the Camp .45. I do know that the Camp 45 has been rising dramatically in price. My Camp 9 has run flawlessly. It has never failed to fire.

edited November -1
    Yea I shot in a PCC match last year 3 times and 2 guys had Camp 45's. I was talking to them because I wanted one and they both told me they were picky with magazines. I think they were both using Chip McCormik mags.

I have a 9mm Sub 2k that takes G17 mags and it has never missed a beat. I had a Beretta CX4 Storm in 9mm that took Beretta 92 mags and it was very reliable and accurate but the trigger was horrendous.
    RLTW