A year older and I feel no different.............

GreatGunsGreatGuns Member Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭
edited January 1 in General Discussion
.....than I did last year, although my lower back does feel better. Turning 69 didn't really hurt. Now 70, that may tingle a bit. :P

My doctor cleared me to go dancing with my wife tonight. He said my recovery has been amazing! There are two restaurant/clubs that really go all out each year for New Years and the bands slated for tonight should be fun. Missoula has a pretty cool ritual known as "First Night" where many of the businesses downtown remain open and provide non-alcoholic beverages and snacks throughout the evening. Bands play in the streets (weather permitting) and it's just a big "DRY" party. Yep, dry. :cry: Now, that doesn't mean everyone is restricted from consumption. Far from it, that's just the annual city-planned event for those that don't wish to drink. ;)

We're not big drinkers, but I've arranged transportation for us through the night. I hope everyone stays safe tonight and if you do have a few cocktails, please take a cab or Uber home and get your vehicle tomorrow. ;)

I wish you all a safe and happy New Year!

Jim

Comments

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 19,073 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy new year back at ya!

I am staying home on amateur drunk night. I think will be a big night for uber and lyft drivers. The cops have already said they were going to have "check" points set up around town.
    RLTW

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 14,376 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bands in the streets in Montana in January? Brass bands must be. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's the timing on the big storm coming tonight, GG? It's now supposed to hit northern Utah about 4 a.m. Winter Storm Warnings out starting then, with up to a foot down here in the valley floor and lots more up high. My only driving tomorrow will be the snow blower.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • GreatGunsGreatGuns Member Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rocky Raab wrote:
    What's the timing on the big storm coming tonight, GG? It's now supposed to hit northern Utah about 4 a.m. Winter Storm Warnings out starting then, with up to a foot down here in the valley floor and lots more up high. My only driving tomorrow will be the snow blower.

The snow just started in Missoula Rocky, but we're only expecting about 3" on our valley floor. ;)

Jim
    edited November -1
    Bands in the streets in Montana in January? Brass bands must be. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sidewalks actually, weather permitting of course. Temperatures aren't that low yet either Walt. I saw a guy in shorts and a light jacket earlier today. :o

Jim
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,125 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy Birthday and Happy New Year!
    I hope everyone has a great New Year,
    Ed
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 12,561 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy Birthday and New Year, Jim!
    Do try to not break a hip dancin' in the snow... :D
  • redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy New year GG and everyone else!! I was the DD tonight but now the girlfriend and I are home and she is in bed I think I will have a sip or two.
    Wishing all of you the best in the new year.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went overboard with two drinks last night. One is my usual limit. Decided to have a hot toddy about 8 pm, but screwed it up with too much lemon juice. More hot whiskey sour than toddy. Somehow, though, that seemed perfectly indicative of 2019, a sour year for sure.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy Birthday, and a Happy New Year to you, Old Dude. :o :shock: :D:lol:

Extreme NE TN/W NC ya'll. 😁

edited November -1
    Thanks all!

Jim
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 48,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow! you look like you have aged 10 years. :o

Happy Birthday and many more. :D