In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Speaking of watching TV

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
I cannot believe the trash that is on TV now.  I find myself watching MeTV and other channels that show old shows.  The History Channel used to be good but now its Pickers and Aliens all day and night.  The food network has a few good shows.  I like Blue Bloods, but man the rest is just garbage.

My wife loves the trash shows and I have to leave the room when they are on.  I felt like drawing my gun and shooting the TV a few times.

The "Real" housewives of XYZ is probably the worst of the lot.  The last thing any of those women is, is a housewife.

Next would be "Judge" shows.  The worst is the one where they try to determine who the father is.  Pure trash.

I could rant for hours..........

I want some good shows that are fun to watch.
RLTW

Comments

• Options
    ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    I'm an early riser and do enjoy the old "Highway Patrol" and "Dragnet" shows. I get a laugh out of watching Broderick Crawford try to act. Hell, he looks drunk in half the episodes.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • Options
    I watched a western the other day where Broderick Crawford was a bad guy.  He thought he was the fastest gun around until he met Glenn Ford.
    The movie was:

The Fastest Gun Alive

RLTW

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Chicago PD

Law & Order

Live PD

48 Hours

Counts Kustoms (Counting Cars)

The various NCIS shows. (Not very plausible.) Higher head count than Seal Teams.

120 History Channel (at times.) Agreed, not nearly as good as in the past.

Good movies on at times. Pick and choose.

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,486 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I have become a fan of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' on HBO.  One of the few current series that is worth recording, IMO.

There are too many that are garbage, and it is not worth the effort to complain about them.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    have gun will travel ...and other old westerns !!!!!
  • Options
    1hbyankee1hbyankee Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Sold my T.V. in 1986  , been enjoying life ever since. Have done a lot of hunting , but have and am still fishing more than most people in their whole life. TV is pretend , life is real!
  • Options
    I almost never watch TV during the day usually after dinner say 1900-2300
    RLTW

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,196 ✭✭✭✭
    I watch the local news in the morning and Sportsman Channel (if it's a fishing show) while I'm on my treadmill. Nothing until evening, when it's Science Channel, National Geo, Travel Channel, Weather Channel, Golf, or PBS. Tonight on Science is "The Explosion Show". Never any "prime time major network" trash. Two maybe three shows per evening, max.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    The Curse of Oak Island is another stupid show. I've found more treasure in my backyard one weekend than those dufuses have found in the 6 years they've been searching. 
  • Options
    Cling2mygunsCling2myguns Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭
    I have a 70" tv and full surround system. I watch zero network tv, a few movies and documentaries on netflix here and there, but I would say my tv is on less than 3 hours a week and some weeks not at all. Don't miss it one bit. Network TV is absolute garbage.
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,454 ✭✭✭✭

When it first came out I liked Forged in fire about the only other channel I watch now is the military channel and it is getting to be nothing but old history channel reruns

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭✭
    The most abysmal shows are the survivor series. They are teaching people that lying & manipulating is the way to succeed.
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,363 ******
    I cannot believe that I used to actually pay every month for the 200+ crap channels on TV.  Now with my paid for antenna I get 10 channels. 3 of which are somewhat interesting.  A daily dose of Wagon Train and The Rifleman during the week and Rawhide and Wanted Dead Or Alive on the weekends!