In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

fundraiser handgun opinions.....

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
Have a local fundraiser coming up and we have decided we want to sell raffle tickets for some gun giveaways. One of the raffles will be a wall of purses for the ladies, and in one of the purses we wanted to put a handgun. We have discussed which handgun to get, but as you know, everyone has a different opinion. My suggestion was to put a plastic gun in the purse with a gift certificate towards the gun of their choice, so they can get what they want. Do you think that a gift card towards a gun, or a specific gun would be a better way to go?

Comments

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    I would go with the plastic gun and gift certificate.  It took a while to find a firearm my Bride was comfortable with.  
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    William81 said:
    I would go with the plastic gun and gift certificate.  It took a while to find a firearm my Bride was comfortable with.  

+1
    RLTW

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    William81 said:
    Went thru the same thing, that's how I arrived at my opinion....
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    William81 said:
    +2

• mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    +3
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    William81 said:

This
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    William81 said:
    Yep went thru several Her choice turned out to be my 315NG
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    As above and everybody is happy including the FFL selling it.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
    I'm with everybody else.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    yep,gift card.
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Having worked with a group that tried both, we found that the $ 400.00 gun sitting there far out sold tickets  over the gift card.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    I think if the raffle is for a gun, then it is better to have it there, in the open for people to look at. But, in this case it sounds like you are raffling off purses? Are you giving three purses away, and the grand prize one would have a gun (or gift card)? Since it would be a blind gun (sight unseen, no idea on what might be in there) then I'd think a gift card. The raffle might even say a "gift card for a gun worth at least xxx is included in the grand prize".
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    I think if the raffle is for a gun, then it is better to have it there, in the open for people to look at. But, in this case it sounds like you are raffling off purses? Are you giving three purses away, and the grand prize one would have a gun (or gift card)? Since it would be a blind gun (sight unseen, no idea on what might be in there) then I'd think a gift card. The raffle might even say a "gift card for a gun worth at least xxx is included in the grand prize".
    They want to do a wall of purses thing. They will sell raffle tickets until a certain time, and then draw numbers. If your number is chosen, then you will be able to choose 1 of how many are left, not knowing what's inside. Prizes will be in all of them, but a card/gun will be in one or more of them..