Bring Out Your Dead

BarzilliaBarzillia Member Posts: 21,775 ✭✭✭
edited February 6 in General Discussion
Edited to remove scatological term

So for all of those who know that Nco2019 is at your doorstep, what have you actually done to prepare so far ?

Planning to do in the near future ?
"Anger has two children -.hope, and courage." Augustine, Bishop of Hippo

"Und es wird nicht hineingehen irgend ein Gemeines und das da Greuel tut und Luge,
sondern die geschrieben sind in dem Lebensbuch des Lammes."

Comments

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member Posts: 59,203 ✭✭✭✭
    The only steps I have taken and have felt necessary are to boost my immune system.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 13,919 ✭✭✭
     Clean the shopping cart handles like I always do. Carry two bottles of Germ X at all times in the vehicle. Vit C overload.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 7,071 ✭✭✭
    Barzillia said:

So for all of those who know that Nco2019 is at your doorstep, what have you actually done to prepare so far ?

Makes all those preppers look sane now Barzilla ?After all killing off all the old weak geezers world-wide is just a nature  phenomenon nothing to worry about here move on.
                                                     serf

• mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 17,200 ✭✭✭
    I quit my job, I'm bathing in Alcohol and peroxide, sealing the box I live in with caulking and duct tape, piping in Medical grade air from a system I scavenged and only drinking grain alcohol with Tang and eating old C rats.
    Well OK nothing actually
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member Posts: 7,565 ✭✭✭
    I pray a lot.  Not joking either.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 62,372 ✭✭✭
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭
    I try to accomplish today - what I was planning on doing tomorrow.

You never know your time.  Try to do what you can with the time you have.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 21,473 ✭✭✭
    I am pushing back my yearly vacation to Yuhuan from March to June. 
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    Nothing beyond common sense. Avoid public gatherings, wash hands, etc... Pretty much the same as you should do during any flu outbreak. If you can believe any of the stats given a lot more have died from the flu in the U.S. this season than the worldwide casualties from the Coronavirus so far. Bob
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 10,590 ✭✭✭

Seen before with bird flu, H1N1, SARs, and the list goes on. Already the DEMOCRATs are blaming Trump which should not come as a surprise.

Interesting all these bugs originate in China but, have to give China credit for mapping the genome and sharing with us.

• Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭
    edited February 6
    My wife and I are doing what we have been doing since we retired 5 years ago. From around the first of December or the first news of the flu outbreak until the end of flu season which is usually toward the end of March we stay away from as many people as possible. We don't go out to restaurants to eat or around any crowds of people and when we go to the grocery store we buy enough food for about a month at a time and we do that on a weekday morning when hardly anyone is around. 

For entertainment we go shooting or fishing since it's pretty warm around here all winter. We were going to the outdoor shooting range near Westpoint, GA this morning but there's a lot of storms and flooding. Through the week we've had the place to ourselves on many occasions.

The rest of the time we both stay busy working on things around the house. I usually have an old Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor to work on in the shop during the colder days of winter or do some refurbishing on some old Mitchell fishing reels. The past couple of weeks I've been cleaning all the guns in my safe and taking better pictures.

Since it's a rainy and dreary day today I'm not going to do much of anything. Check out the forums from time to time. Look for a movie on Netflix or Amazon and if worse comes to worse I'll just take a nap. Then there's black history month going on so there'll be a lot of interesting things to see on TV. If we're lucky maybe we'll get to see Al and Jesse doing a documentary with some old news reels of Selma and the freedom marchers. I don't think anyone ever gets tired of seeing that crap, er...I mean stuff. 

• us55840us55840 Member Posts: 30,808 ✭✭✭✭
    Not doing anything different at all. 
    Just living every day same as before utilizing good common sense.
    It's not possible to predict what the future holds ... not by a second, a minute, an hour, a day, week, month or year.
    Bottom line:  Enjoy life while you have it. 
    When your number is up,  it's up and there ain't a damn thing anyone can do about it.
    As for worry .... worry never solved anything!
     B) 
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member Posts: 7,565 ✭✭✭
    This post is giving me flashbacks of movie scenes depicting the bubonic plague!  Seeing skinny guys wearing bird beak masks swishing smoke around!   Oh how dismal
    us55840 said:
    As for worry .... worry never solved anything!
     B) 
    Something that no one ever said when they found out they were standing in a minefield. 
  • BarzilliaBarzillia Member Posts: 21,775 ✭✭✭
    serf said:
    Barzillia said:

Makes all those preppers look sane now Barzilla ?After all killing off all the old weak geezers world-wide is just a nature  phenomenon nothing to worry about here move on.
                                                     serf

So you have done nothing, then......

That was my point.

"Und es wird nicht hineingehen irgend ein Gemeines und das da Greuel tut und Luge,
    edited February 6
    Barzillia said:
    serf said:
    Barzillia said:

serf

That was my point.

I for one am thankful you cleared that up. I had no idea your point to this entire thread was that serf had done nothing to prepare for the corona virus. Out of sheer curiosity, was there a clue in your OP that that was the point? Was messaging him directly not an option?
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭
    What would you have us do ??? 
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 21,473 ✭✭✭
    Whole body condoms.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    Barzillia said:
    serf said:
    Barzillia said:

serf

That was my point.

I for one am thankful you cleared that up. I had no idea your point to this entire thread was that serf had done nothing to prepare for the corona virus. Out of sheer curiosity, was there a clue in your OP that that was the point? Was messaging him directly not an option?
    It does not have to be limited to one poster in this forum.

It very clearly identified " for all of those who know that Nco2019 is at your doorstep" , did it not ?

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 22,321 ******
    I'm counting on the case of Ebola I acquired during the previous Gun Broker pandemic to counter-act the flu.  
    Barzillia said:
    Barzillia said:
    serf said:
    Barzillia said:

serf

That was my point.

It does not have to be limited to one poster in this forum.

It very clearly identified " for all of those who know that Nco2019 is at your doorstep" , did it not ?

Thus my confusion and question. Thank you.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member Posts: 19,476 ✭✭✭
    edited February 7
  • diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭

I have better things to do than worry about death. I embrace it. What are you doing to prepare for it?

• redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭
    Whole body condoms.

I didn't realize that was even an option!
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 22,321 ******
    In all seriousness, I do have these:

• chmechme Member Posts: 242 ✭✭
    I feel so silly.
    I thought "Bring out your dead" was the Democrats getting their voters together.

Sorry, I'll be going now...…..
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 27,589 ✭✭✭
    Barzillia said:

Kung Flu Fighting
  • us55840us55840 Member Posts: 30,808 ✭✭✭✭

Huh ---- I couldn't see in the pics if those are made in China!   :o
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
    Those kits look handy Mark. Where did you get them?
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 62,372 ✭✭✭
    I have a great mower mask
    edited February 7
    us55840 said:

Huh ---- I couldn't see in the pics if those are made in China!   :o
    I don't know. The packaging says: Department of Defense/ Force Health Protection and Readiness. They are bar coded and have a FAO PN: RC-690 and  a lot Number, but that's all. I'd have to open the pouch to inspect the contents, but that would seem to negate having them sealed in the first place. If I'm forced to open the pouch, and if I survive the flu, I'll give you a follow up.

I obtained these online last year before leaving on my month long Asia cruise, but I honestly don't remember where. I imagine both the flu kits and Asian cruises are a bit tougher to come by now. 
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 18,959 ✭✭✭

So I went to San Jose to do some shopping for eats today. There at Red Lion supermarket I saw the cash register folks wearing face masks but the fishmongers no. Then I went next door to the roast duck joint and the duck choppers were wearing face masks. I kind a like and want food prep/servers wearing face masks. Walked to the Vietnamese joint and they weren't wearing masks. So I figure Chinese folks are wearing masks to save face?

While in town I went to Nijiya (a Japanese market) they weren't wearing masks and folks at Mitsuwas either. The strange part is them Japos love their face masks (at least ones in Japan does). Got some Kirin first press 100% malt beer. Never had them and it was like $20 a case with tax and CRV so bought a few cases. Not bad price and also not bad beer. Reminds me of little more flavorful Coors and nothing like malt liquor.

I figure if I caught it being that San Jose had medical people that went home because they caught it at work I'll get to stay home sick. Maybe I'll loose weight for summer?

• shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,801 ✭✭✭

LOL this reminds me of the Ebola Kits we handed out to our folks at work to keep in their patrol cars.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭

Definitely no cruises this year!

Considering reducing air travel, been on 22 flights so far. Have seen a large increase in masked people boarding for 2 weeks and some TSA folks staring this wearing masks this week. Low percentage but first I’d seen it.

• dreherdreher Member Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭
    My preparation is pretty much limited to the firm belief that I am to mean and nasty for the virus to try me in the first place.  That plus my parents and many of my grandparents lived into their 90s.  Throw into this mix I don't want to live to be real old so I don't give a rats rear end if it gets me. :p  
    This week's MMWR....
    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6905e1.htm?s_cid=mm6905e1_w

Pay attention to the discussion section.

dreher said:
    My preparation is pretty much limited to the firm belief that I am to mean and nasty for the virus to try me in the first place.  That plus my parents and many of my grandparents lived into their 90s.  Throw into this mix I don't want to live to be real old so I don't give a rats rear end if it gets me. :p  
    I'm bettin' your grandparents didn't live that long by being stupid. 
    Well, it took 18 days from the start of this thread to announce the first apparent community transmission.
    Give or take a couple days for testing and confirmation, three to five days for incubation, and that seems to indicate the first circle of transmission roughly the week of February 18, 2020 from P0.

All models are wrong, but some are useful.

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 32,744 ✭✭✭
    My great-uncle Willie Penwell died in the Great Pandemic of 1918 in Miller South Dakota.
    I was just up looking at his grave in May.
    Rest in Peace, Uncle Willie.