In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

a couple of 22's on my watch list.....

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Those 541's are nice.

I have a 580, 581 and a 582 which are like the economy version of the 541, same action and all but not as nice wood.  They really shoot good and are super strong.  They have been turned into 22 Hornets by some gun smiths.  The action is kind of a mini 788 so it is stiff and strong.
    RLTW

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Both great 22s. I've got a circa 1994 Kimber SA. Shoots great and has an adjustable trigger. The 541 looks just as good but I would put an adjustable objective scope on it that would be better for 25-75 yards. Don't think you can go wrong with either rifle. Bob
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Kimber Model 82-G government / military match grade entry level target rifle...

When I received the gun it appeared to have never been fired and inside the box was an US Navy inventory slip showing a record of the box being opened and the serial number confirmed once a year since it was manufactured...

The gun is gem mint day one perfect except for a line scored in the butt stock were someone got carried away with a case cutter with a brand new razor blade - scoring the stock when opening the box...

I was lead to believe that several hundred of these scored guns were sold by the distributor...

It's a tack driver and looks like a patent infringement cloned copy of the Winchester 52 action...

Mike

It seems that there were quite a few 82 Govt's that were scratched like yours. Buddy just bought one, and it was the same way.

I have a Kimber Model 82-G government / military match grade entry level target rifle...

When I received the gun it appeared to have never been fired and inside the box was an US Navy inventory slip showing a record of the box being opened and the serial number confirmed once a year since it was manufactured...

The gun is gem mint day one perfect except for a line scored in the butt stock were someone got carried away with a case cutter with a brand new razor blade - scoring the stock when opening the box...

I was lead to believe that several hundred of these scored guns were sold by the distributor...

It's a tack driver and looks like a patent infringement cloned copy of the Winchester 52 action...

Mike

I had one that had a Unertl scope and mts. It was also one that had the star marked barrel denoting above average accuracy. Traded the whole setup to Jaquas' when I bought my Perazzi 20 years ago. Wish I had at least kept the scope and Posa mts as they are worth as much as the gun today. Oh well I've got more use out of the shotgun than I would have the 22. Bob
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
     My gosh Todd, that 541 is at 815 with 6 days left. What a rifle. That Kimber is a piece of art. Both great looking firesticks.
     My gosh Todd, that 541 is at 815 with 6 days left. What a rifle. That Kimber is a piece of art. Both great looking firesticks.
    I'd guess the 541 will go over $1300....
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    I would really, really, really have to want something bad to even read all the BS the seller of the 541 has written.  it's nice, and if it was something I was looking for I guess I would do it, but I wouldn't like it.  Most usually when I see a listing like that I click next without even reading the description of the firearm, yet alone all the other stuff.
    Check out what the Kimber ended up selling for.......
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    toad67 said:

That is insane.
    RLTW

Sam06 said:
    toad67 said:

That is insane.
    This was another one on my watch list that really surprised me...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/855818472
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

Tried again. No Joy.

Sam06 said:
    toad67 said:

That is insane.
    Good Lord! I think I gave 800 for mine with a Leupold scope and Kimber/Warne QD rings. Of course that was 20 years ago but I never thought it would ever be worth that much. I know someone who has a dozen or so matching serial number Kimbers in calibers like 218, 17 Rem, 22 hornet and so on. Way back when it you bought a Kimber they would sell you the same serial number on all the limited run calibers as they were offered. A lot of the runs were 100 or less and some less than 50. They are all standard grade but a lot more rare than the Super America 22s. I wonder what they're worth today. Bob
    Check this baby out, even comes with the factory original scope...
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/853875803
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    OMG!!!!!  The first 3 brand new cars I bought off the dealers lot, cost less than that Kimber!  (Individually, not all three added together.)
    dreher said:
    OMG!!!!!  The first 3 brand new cars I bought off the dealers lot, cost less than that Kimber!  (Individually, not all three added together.)
    I bet if you still had one of those cars in the same condition as the Kimber you would see a bit of an increase in its value too.😁  Bob
  • kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭
    In some areas the gun market is slightly off.... but not in this case!