In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Coronavirus and the Middle East

allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2020 in General Discussion
Someone was saying on another thread that they doubted that the Arab countries had the capacity to handle the disease.
Two weeks ago my brother flew in to Cairo.  Wanted to see the pyramids usw.
The passengers went in to the big terminal there in Cairo.   There were 250 passengers on his plane.  As he went into the terminal he saw a virus testing station.   They had 6 of those thermometer scanners, the kind you aim at the person's forehead.  6 shiny new scanners setting there in their chargers, medical type people standing there to run the scanners, he figured it would take a half hour to scan all the passengers.  And he could just imagine, one person tests positive, then they would quarantine all the passengers.  

And they ushered the passengers right through the gate and didn't scan a single passenger!
My brother said the next day, he was watching The Cairo News on tv and the announcer said, "Regarding the Coronavirus, there is still today no Coronavirus here in Egypt."
Egypt is in the "Ignorance is Bliss" school of public health.

My brother told me that Egypt is a seriously screwed up, Third World country.  Can't grow enough food to feed themselves.  Very dirty, no industry,  lots of poverty.  He said the only money coming into the country is tourism, and there is a lot of tourism.
If these African Arab countries aren't even bothering to do a simple scan at the airport, what will they do when the virus breaks out in their countries?

Comments