In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Washington State First Death

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
From the Coronavirus.  Wake up folks..

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    From reports that I have seen this was a person with a preexisting medical condition of some sort. Probably due to confidentiality rules they haven't said what those preexisting conditions were. It might be helpful to know. I have a hangnail - should I worry? Bob
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    BobJudy said:
    From reports that I have seen this was a person with a preexisting medical condition of some sort. Probably due to confidentiality rules they haven't said what those preexisting conditions were. It might be helpful to know. I have a hangnail - should I worry? Bob

Probably terminal cancer and now the virus caused it. That's my take.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    And in other news, earlier today they interviewed an older fellow in quarantine still about his experience with this virus. He said he has never felt any worse than you would having a simple cold. He expects to be a 'free man' soon. Most people getting this are not falling deathly ill,....at least not at this point.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a panic to happen, it is taking place as we speak. There are no masks, no hand sanitizer, no long term food supplies, and now it's even getting hard to find bottled rubbing alcohol. I expect to see runs on food in the grocery stores to happen any time now. Many members of the media should be hung for what they are perpetuating here,.....Fox included.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Marc1301 said:
    And in other news, earlier today they interviewed an older fellow in quarantine still about his experience with this virus. He said he has never felt any worse than you would having a simple cold. He expects to be a 'free man' soon. Most people getting this are not falling deathly ill,....at least not at this point.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a panic to happen, it is taking place as we speak. There are no masks, no hand sanitizer, no long term food supplies, and now it's even getting hard to find bottled rubbing alcohol. I expect to see runs on food in the grocery stores to happen any time now. Many members of the media should be hung for what they are perpetuating here,.....Fox included.

Got the last masks today at a local hardware. Box of 50. Looking for powder milk. If it goes down we are not going anywhere. 
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    wearing masks is a useless gesture........it just makes you look like a Chinaman.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
    16,000 flu deaths this year and not a whisper of panic. People still refuse the shot; people shrug.
    ONE death from Corona and it's apocalyptic catastrophe.

I'm not saying it isn't serious or it should be ignored. But do keep it in perspective.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    mohawk600 said:
    wearing masks is a useless gesture........it just makes you look like a Chinaman.

Yes all the hype you don't need a mask. Well how come all the nurses and dr's have them on? BTW... they are a tax write off for me...I use them mowing.
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭

Governor Inslee has already declared a State of Emergency. There’s a nursing home on the Seattle side that has a bunch of infected people.

• JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just staying away from as many people as I can, I told my wife that encluded her too  :)

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee