In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shopping for new TV

beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
The one in the greatroom (TCL Roku) is just over 2yo and has a problem.  I think Walmart has the best prices.  Narrowed it down (so far) to a LG, 43" for $228.  Ain't worth getting the other one repaired.  TCL repair center wants $45 just to see what's wrong.
0M9InwN.gif[

Comments

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭
    Samsung is real tough to beat.  
  • Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭✭
    Was at  Walmart Last  Nite,   Samsung  43 "   Smart  with  every thing  $ 249.00
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭
    Samsung  is a darn good tv for the money, I have a 32" that's outside in my screen room under roof but open to the weather and Temp. extremes/humidity here in central Florida  it is 5/6 years old and still works like new.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    Our Vizio 52 inch is about six years old. It’s a smart tv but evidently not smart enough. Wife tried to sign up for some streaming service and they said we needed a new TV.
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭✭
    We have a big Vizio (80") and it's been perfect. Vizio's prices are better than most and the quality is excellent.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    are you smart enuff to guarantee your privacy 100% from your TV
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    I just bought a Samsung from Costco.  They have a contract with a service company to help if you have problems.  If your TV has a 1 year warranty, they double it.  They how have Samsung models with a 2 or 3 year FACTORY warranty.  Spasmcreek makes a good point; just skip the step to "wifi enable" your TV when you install it.
  • Options
    varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
    i get good service out of both samsung and LG.  but as a famous souther state gov. once said, there aint a dimes worth of difference in any of them.  same chinese in all of them
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭
    varian said:
    i get good service out of both samsung and LG.  but as a famous souther state gov. once said, there aint a dimes worth of difference in any of them.  same chinese in all of them
    Other than the fact that Samsung and LG are South Korean companies, yeah...
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought Panasonic back in the '60's, Sony in the '70's, and Samsung in the '80's and since.  Many of the parts may be all made by the same company but the circuitry and assembly will differ.  Picture quality is very important to me.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭
     Another vote for Samsung. Have a 55" and picture is very high quality plus it has all the gadgets.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,929 ✭✭✭✭
    My FIL bought a curved tv about two years ago.. It has a great picture but I do not see enough difference for the price
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    us55840 said:
    bullshot said:
    We have a big Vizio (80") and it's been perfect. Vizio's prices are better than most and the quality is excellent.
     Yup, having good luck with Vizio ... put one in the camper 39" Smart Vizio about 4 years ago and works super.
    Replaced 50" Toshiba in the house with a 70" Smart Vizio ... awesome picture.
    Put the 50" in the lower level as replacement for 25" color RCA console w/remote that still works perfect but can't find anyone that wants an old console TV for free........welfare pays to good
      we kept getting broken into at our hunting cabin, finally put a console TV in the cabin, its still there after 6+ years an working fine........ only thing we loose now is toilet paper
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Do not get the Philips Android TV what a piece of crap worst purchase I ever made.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    Our LG 50 something size screen that we purchased at Walmart is still working after over 6 years of use. Probably like everything else made today it's just the luck of the draw. 
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    65" Sharp  Walmart on sale.  Cost about what three projection bulbs for the previous TV... that lasted about 1 yr each.