VA Health Care ??

us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,208 ✭✭✭✭
Always had great prompt care at my local VA clinic and when being sent to the VA hospital some 200 miles away.
However, I was somewhat dismayed when contacting my local clinic for re-treatment of a wart they 'froze' twice before but is persistent.  Although smaller, it persists and is in an irritating location on a finger.

Contacting them today for an appointment, was told they really discouraged anyone coming in due to COVID-19 unless it was an "urgent" or "necessary" need. 

The suggestion was to wait until end of the month....maybe.

I must say I was dismayed as they projected they really didn't want to see me.  Finally, the gal said would discuss an appointment with the PA that treated it before and call me.
Just waiting to see how this shakes out.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭

Only prudent to limit non-essential visits, as much as possible right now.

Extreme NE TN/W NC ya'll. 😁

• us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,208 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17

Only prudent to limit non-essential visits, as much as possible right now.

Local clinic has never very busy ... often waiting room is empty or nearly so especially in the afternoon.

I don't recall anywhere in the VA health benefits veterans earned, about any non-essential visits...have you?
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
    VA clinic called back as promised.

Have an appointment scheduled for next week.
     :) 
    UPDATE:  VA clinic called today and cancelled appointment for next Tuesday.  Only accepting "urgent care" appointments due to the virus.  Since 'walk in' is not available, if it's "urgent care" it can't be to "urgent"  IMO.
    So they could schedule an appointment for mid JULY.
    Can't say I'm excited about their procedure and availability for health service.
    Also had a hearing test scheduled at a VA Clinic for end of March.
    The clinic just called and cancelled the visit ........ rescheduled it for mid/end of May.

No idea what the personnel in the VA clinics across America are doing if not seeing people for routine care visits since that is all that the clinics do....so did they all just close and discontinue Veterans care service?   

ANYONE ?

• kimikimi Member Posts: 44,444 ✭✭✭
    edited May 16
    This is the typical routine procedure for an uncommon time.  Like Ken said, it's only prudent to limit non-essential visits at this time.  Should you end up with an appointment, though, don't be surprised if you are tested for the Coronavirus before seeing your care team member.
    What's next?
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 11,090 ✭✭✭
    have a cardio appointment 26th made an appointment for earlier same morning to have mole on my back frozen off, as the outpatient clinic is hour and half drive. the VA called this morning and cancelled the dermatology appointment in the morning of 26th and wanted to schedule a video conference. I ask the lady how they could freeze the mole over the tv??? she said they weren't seeing patients till june first. I ask if my cardiology appointment had been cancelled she looked and said no and she would check to see if they could still do the freezing since I would be there in person. she called back less than hour later and said no they would have to reschedule the mole removal till after june 1st.  I told her to forget it and would try to get it scheduled later in fall next time I had to go to clinic, wasn't gonna drive 3 hours just to have mole frozen off.......
    The VA Clinic called Friday and cancelled my end of May appointment.
    Said they were not doing any 'face to face' appointments until end of JULY ......... MAYBE.
    Question:  What are all the VA Clinic employees doing since not seeing any patients?  Are they getting paid for sitting on their butts at home like the welfare gang???