EARLY MODEL MARLIN 39A MAGAZINE TUBE BAND 3/8" DOVE TAIL

:) Hi,                                                                                                                                  03/20/2020
I am in need of an early model MARLIN 39A MAGAZINE TUBE BAND with the 3/8" dovetail in usable condition.
Thanking you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.
ALWAYS ALL THE VERY BEST
SAMMIE DOUAN 

Comments

• pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭
    I think it should use 0.365 base size not 3/8, it also is pin type to hold tube in place 
    correct ??
    I may be able to help but must get it right as I have several and not a one identified as to models.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • COPPER TOPCOPPER TOP Member Posts: 133 ✭✭
    Hi PIP,                                                                                                                                                           04/04/2020
    Thanks for the reply.  I have been doing this for many years & I did not know that the early 39a mag tube band had a larger dovetail.  I have many of the later .365 bands & I thought they were the same from the beginning, well I was wrong.  The early ones were .385, a 365 just slides right on through.  I have a 365 listed on another site & someone questioned me as to the dovetail width & said that there were two different dovetail widths & as luck would have it right after that I unknowingly had an early 39a  & I bumped the mag tube on a hard place & broke the band, then I found out the difference for myself.  Kind of a long story, but.   
    ALWAYS ALL THE VERY BEST
    SAMMIE DOUAN
  • pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭
    the newer bands are .383 so that should work
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
    :) Hi PIP,                                                                                                                                                          04/04/2020
    Thanks for the reply. Do you have a .383 band that you would be willing to sell, if so please list it with a BUYITNOW in my name only & send me the auction number, I need it real bad.
    Thanking you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.
    ALWAYS ALL THE VERY BEST
    SAMMIE DOUAN