In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Civil War Muzzle Loader - Stamped G.Ford - Info and worth? - GREAT DOCUMENTATION and STORY!

I have recently acquired a civil war rifle from a personal friend of mine who is 76 years of age.  This rifle was carried by his great grandfather and I have some very interesting documentation as well.  The rifle has a stamp on top of the barrel that says G. Ford.  Can't find a ton of info. other than this might be from the Ford Brothers out of Peoria IL??  On the right side of the rifle I can make out the letters "Lond......" but fades out after that.  The documentation I have is from the family themselves.  I have the Family Tree from back into the 1600's and shows the owner of the rifle in the 1800's during the civil war.  The rifle has been passed down the thru the family until my purchase.  I also pulled up the Ohio Civil War Infantry showing the registration of the same individual.  One last thing is the family provided me with an actual photo (painting) of the owner of this rifle in his years after the war.  Great piece of history and would love any info that you can add to this.  Thanks for your comments!  

Comments