In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FFL wait time.

Dolma123Dolma123 Member Posts: 3
This is my first time buying a firearm on GunBroker.  How long does it usually take for the seller to receive the FFL from the transfer dealer that is in the GunBroker FFL network? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    If you contact FFL, and he or she is not busy, about 20 +- seconds.
  • Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    My policy is to have the buyer contact their FFL and have them email me a copy.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    My policy, as well as being the policy of most sellers, is the same as Ricci's: the buyer contacts their dealer who will then send me the FFL. 
  • Options
    My policy is to have the buyer contact their FFL and have them email me a copy.
    On average how long does it take you to receive the FFL after the item was sold? Thanks!

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
     I'm not sure how to make it any plainer. You, the buyer, contact your FFL, that's the dealer you are using to receive the firearm you are purchasing, and have him or her email a copy of their FFL to the person selling the firearm you are purchasing. The total length of time is variable but mostly dependent upon how long it takes you to contact your dealer and how long it takes the dealer to send the FFL.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited April 2020
    Being an administrator, I hate to cut and paste what forum members say word for word, but Ricci is 100% accurate.  The person you should be asking about the time it takes to send an FFL is the dealer you have selected. Your dealer is the only person who can answer your question. 

I've received FFL's in the buyer's response to my confirmation email from those buyers whose dealer provided them with copies to keep on their hardrive  I've also waited weeks for some dealers to get off the dime and send me a copy. Lots of dealers don't rate internet transfers as a priority and are in no rush. 

• Options
     I'm not sure how to make it any plainer. You, the buyer, contact your FFL, that's the dealer you are using to receive the firearm you are purchasing, and have him or her email a copy of their FFL to the person selling the firearm you are purchasing. The total length of time is variable but mostly dependent upon how long it takes you to contact your dealer and how long it takes the dealer to send the FFL.

I understand how the process works.  I contacted the seller and the transfer dealer immediately.  Its been two days and the seller hasnt received the FFL.  Im just curious as to how long it takes because this is my first time. Like you said it varies depending on my end and how busy seller and transfer dealer are.  Thanks for your reply.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    Recontact your dealers and ask when the ffl was sent. 
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    When a buyer contacts me for a transfer, it takes me a bout 20 seconds to send the FFL holder a copy on their end.
    Have then to check their junk mail and double check the receivers email address.
    Often the Receiving FFL will have 2 address, one their everyday address and the anoyher to receive their FFL info.
  • Options
    Hinfu363Hinfu363 Member Posts: 1

This is my first purchase and I still haven't received my pistol? I have tried emailing and calling ffl but no answer? The money has been taking out of my account I have an digital receipt but no weapon? It's been a good while now will I get refunded?

This discussion has been closed.