In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anschutz 1712

SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭
Anybody have one and have any recommendations on a scope.  I will be shooting competively but not from a bench.  Thank you for any replies.

Comments

• mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭

Leupold 6.5-20X EFR

For your specific niche parameters and requirements.

Leopold VX-3i 6.5-20x40mm EFR CDS Target Scope

Mike

• SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the recommendation.  Checked out the scope and the reviews and there was a review for the scope on a 1712 and it got excellent reviews for this rifle.
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

And while you don't specifically address the issue here is a rifle to consider as a back up unit - or for use in for the record match target shoots in other disciplines - or as a good range day skills test marksmanship platform - so as to avoid your ability becoming to narrow focused or limited to expertise with or exposure to only one specific example / or one specific brand or familial variant grouping related to your initial selection or primary purchase.

Broaden your skills and keep them sharp - and if I may be bold try a trigger shoe out on a gun like the CZ - silhouette / running game / swingers and pop ups / plates - even some of the biathlon events.

And please for the rest of our members describe the class of shooting and events you are embracing - and what your firearms history is so far...

And why these above referenced tools work so well when applied correctly...

Mike

• SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭
    My shooting is semi-auto of pistols and various rifles.  I like mostly semi-autos, you name it I have Ruger, SW, Glock, SIG, and H&K.  I used to have a nice SW 642 but gave it to a friend who helped me out with some work at home. 

As for rifles mostly M1's AR-15, SW 15-22, Henry Golden Boy, Tikka and one shotgun.  The Tikka shoots nice I have a Nikon 3-9x40mm ProStaff Rimfire mounted on it.

For hand guns all of my training is for self defense.  A shot rifle league weekly in the winter for the  22's.