In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Am I the only one who thinks there is meaning in the fact that God spelled backwards is dog??

dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
Or am I loving my 4 legged pretty girls to much??   Dogs are so much better than most people!!

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    It's odd because just a couple of nights ago I had a dream which included the dog we owned when I was a kid. The dog has been dead for over 40 years, but I still miss her. 
  • Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Dogs are really angels dressed in fur coats.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    Yahweh
    Jehovah
    El Shaddai
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine turned 12 yesterday.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

What is that one Biblical sayin/reference?

"What you do for the least of mine, you do for me." (Sorry, probably not exact.)

My dog (Buddy) is by far the best dog I have ever owned. A total hoot, and my best friend. I'd do anything for him, as he would for me. God truly blessed me, when we came together/I adopted him. We were meant for each other.

I like this thread. Thanks for posting. (Show your Dog Love, it will be returned tenfold.)

• kissgoodnightkissgoodnight Member Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭
    I love dogs.  I have 2 of the best.
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
  • asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    Just something about those damn things :|. Have 6 buried along our fence line.  Remember them all well :(
    When a dog is you best friend he gives you all his/her heart. When the pass they take part of your heart with them.
    Try this, lock the wife or girl friend up in the trunk of the car, most likely will take some trickery. Get her to hold the dog then slam the lid. Wait a hour or so and then open the trunk, you will see one that has blood in their eye and the other over joyed to see you. Go figure.
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    Comparing God to dog is just wrong.
    Depends on what your god is I guess.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

You're not the only one, but that doesn't mean anything necessarily.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    McManus... I was married in a St. Francis of Assisi Church... and love animals.

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    nunn said:
    "Comparing God to dog is just wrong."

I don't compare God to a dog.  I compare my relationship with God with my dog's relationship with me.  Here is my logic:

My dog loves me, adores me, wants nothing more out of life than to be with me.  She trusts me provide for her needs, and to not harm her in any way.  My dog doesn't understand me fully.  She wants to please me, but she doesn't always know how.  She sometimes messes up, but she knows that I still love her and forgive her.

That is very much the way I envision my relationship with God.

Sorry about the religious post.
    Very well said.  I like that a lot.  
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just glad it doesn't spell cat, they are uppitty enough without tying themselves to the big guy upstairs..........
  • WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    I agree with everything that’s been said.  My “little boy” is my buddy, my best friend, and I love the little (94 lb) knucklehead.  He’s smart as a whip.  He’s got us we’ll trained.  He lays by my lounge chair and I can spend hours just rubbing his belly or massaging his shoulder / back.  I truly don’t know what I’d do if I were to lose my little buddy!
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Butchdog2 said:
    Dogs are really angels dressed in fur coats.
    I couldn’t agree more.  
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    hillbille said:
    I'm just glad it doesn't spell cat, they are uppitty enough without tying themselves to the big guy upstairs..........

Nonsense, gods like the ancient Egyptians worship cats.

Our minds try to make sense of nonsense, thus we see faces in the random patters in tile or plaster, but you are probably not the only one to find meaning in such things.

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
    Trying to make sense out of nonsense is how mankind created gods. Dogs, on the other hand, are not imaginary.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    I wrote this many years ago, Rocky.  
    It remains true for me to this day. 

I created God.

He existed for around 2 years when I was between 10 and 12.

As my powers of reasoning increased, I began to demand more of my creation. I began to demand answers to questions as to why he treated his people the way he did.

I consulted many people who had also created a God, including Pastors I continue to hold in high regard.

Following my evaluation of those consultations, I determined that my creation was flawed and that I really had not created anything of substance.  This is why he no longer exists.

I have discovered, however, that there are many people who have done a much better job than I in the creation of their God(s). They are happy with their God(s) and they gain strength, comfort, and wisdom from them. I have yet meet a person, however, who has created a God that can answer the questions I demanded of mine.

We should accept that the Gods we each create have only to satisfy our own needs and not those of others.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about that. I do know you can't buy loyalty like that but you can distract them with bacon.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.”   Psalm 14:1a
This discussion has been closed.