In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

People are FuNNy

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
The last two times I have been to the bank the lines have been long cause you can't go inside. Today they were almost half way around the building, a lot of cars. There are two drive up windows in the rear of the building and both times all the cars were in line for the first window and no one was at the second, both of which are clearly marked by bright green "OPEN" signs. Both times I have driven straight to the empty second window and made my deposit. As soon as I pull up other folks break out of line and pull up behind me. 
I remember maybe 15 years ago getting to a gun show in Springfield, Mass. The Big E Show. They opened a 9 am and at 9:05 there was a long line with a guy taking money at the door. Well I happened to notice a second door maybe 50 feet away with a guy setting there with a cash box just like the guy at the first door. I thought no way but I walked over anyway. Dude took my money, stamped my hand, and inside I went. People are FUNNY.

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,667 ******
    They are. The plant where I worked has several large buildings. One of the largest, building 2, held about 75 workers, per shift, around the clock. Those folks came in the front gate and straight to the NE entrance. One time the stairs were being painted and were blocked off with yellow tape.
    We watched as the 3-11 shift came on, walked right up to the yellow tape, and stopped. They looked like cattle waiting to go through a gate. Didn’t know what to do. There are several entrances to this building, one right around the corner, but the sheep had never used any entrance but this one. Finally a painter pulled up in a cart and took the yellow tape down and they filed into the building.
  • Options
    jarjar Member Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    If you want to know how people ( the general public ) just ask an indepedent contractor. I go into a building to put in floor covering and the fist time I have to disrupt the worker bee routine they become total zombies ! no one thinks the caution tape thats blocking the way is for them. we have had people walk under the caution tape right out on to a glued floor and then be mad about it.  And It is never their fault ! 32 years of this and it has never changed. 
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭
    It's simple most folks don't wanna be that guy/sheep to break rank. But I reckon most folks got their noses in their cell phone to take notice of a short line.
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing you've experienced "Social Distancing," WAY before this Covid-19 started.

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Did the second gun show ticket thing to, one line and I knew the routine. Went to the out house and just as I came back guess what, the other ticket windows opened. Step in line at first window, boy did i get a some shatty looks.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,027 ******
    edited May 2020
    ...and you're observant.  That's good in several ways.  The rest were just sheep.
  • Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    My head is always on a swivel. I had a beautiful young lady who worked for me for five years running the office. I trained her and she handled a gun better, hell much, much better than most male shooters. She was a hell of a trainer too. It was kind of funny if we went out to eat together we would race to get the seat facing the wall. I taught her never to set with your back to the door. 
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭
     when I worked construction we had just finished a sidewalk section it was about lunch time for every one 
       we had barriers ( saw horse and tape tape  up ) a nice dressed lady walked right up to the line seen one of our guys finishing the concrete and ask can I walk on it ? 
     fellow said sure .  she stepped in it with her  high heels and of course sunk in and made a mess . she was mad as all get out she said   "I  ask you if I walk on it ?  you said yes , he said I did not say it was dry I just said you walk on it   ;)
      why do think it was all blocked off . she was still commenting as she walked away .. 
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭
    I'v had the same thing happen at the bank a couple of times since this whole contrived mess started.  Instead of 'funny' I believe the words I used were less than complimentary in regards to the intellect of those involved...