In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WTB: .40 S&W barrel and mags for Colt Delta Elite

Many many years ago Colt offered a special edition pistol called the "Ten/Fourty"; it was basically one of their Delta Elite 10mm's with an additional .40 S&W barrel and magazine, boxed set. Should have snagged one when I had the chance. Anyways, I have a Delta Elite, but I would love to be able to also shoot .40 through it, as I have access to lots of that. Anybody got a .40 S&W barrel to fit the Delta Elite, and a magazine to boot (although I think the standard 10mm mags would work). Let me know.

Comments

• Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭
    Think I have  some  factory  Colt  40 S&W magazines.  The barrel might be a problem to find.
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    While I certainly haven't done it, and don't suggest trying it, several other avid 10mm fans I know shoot .40 out of a few different 10mm semi-auto's all the time. They said no ill effects other than needing to clean the chamber before switching back to 10mm. Personally, I will save that thought for a SHTF scenario.

Back on your original topic, couldn't a gunsmith fit a .40 barrel to the Delta? I do know there were a few other options such as the Springfield Omega line that had interchangeable barrels. But, those had dual extractors too which I think makes that an easier task to accomplish.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.