In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How many would volunteer?

mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2020 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll take the vaccine when it's cleared by the FDA and  been around a little while.
  • Options
    SCOUT5 said:
    I'll take the vaccine when it's cleared by the FDA and  been around a little while.
    But.....but......China will give it to the world for free...................lol
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,660 ******
    Not me. Every time I take the flu shot, I get the flu. :o
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    jimdeere said:
    But you ain't died of it have you.
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭✭
    Pelosi first then shiff,then biden,shummer,nader forgot feinstine,watters then I will think on it
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,009 ******
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,372 ***** Forums Admin
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭✭
    Me, me, me, take me! After all it is brought to you by the same people who brought you contaminated pet food, jewelery, kids toys and supply us with all the fentanyl we want. What could go wrong? Bob

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    Nope, not taking their poison or anyone else's vaccine.  I'm trying to go mercury and monkey herpes free since before the swine flu shots back in the 70's.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    jimdeere said:
    That's pretty hard to do when the flu vaccine does not include a live virus....at least the vaccine isn't causing it.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,660 ******
    mohawk600 said:
    jimdeere said:
    That's pretty hard to do when the flu vaccine does not include a live virus....at least the vaccine isn't causing it.
    Still....
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭

Is that delivered to the back of the head via a lead capsule???

Will the pit I am standing over be filled with lime - will I have to dig it myself???

Mike

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    No flu shots ever.. If you are healthy one doesn't need
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭

Keep you mouth shut and never volunteer.

• Options
    BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Or would you rather have the one from mr Gates?

He hasn’t been able to rid my PC of viruses for about 40 years and has this thing called patch Tuesday, where once a month they put out fixes.

So would we have booster shot Tuesday where we all line up once a month to get injected with the new updates to the vaccine?

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,360 ******
    They could get Joe Namath to spew his get what you deserve, it's FREEEE BS televised every 15 minutes on every TV channel.  

Probably drum up a few volunteers that way.   
    Not for me though!   Almost sounds like the Chinese would like a 2nd chance at exterminating Americans who dodged their first viral bullet!  

• Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    i do not TRUST china for ANYTHING.......AMERICA needs to cease doing any business(getting screwed by) them .....
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    I was thinking about taking an injection of WD 40, after all there is nothing harmless in it. :)
  • Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    NOPE!
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭
    I am 73.  I have never had a flu shot.  I am not planning on getting now or anytime in the future!!
  • Options
    Can you imagine what the side effects that will be listed when the new vaccine comes out!  If it comes close to most advertised meds on the tube, you may find yourself needed meds for the med!  :o
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,045 ✭✭✭✭
    I reckon I won't have a choice where I work but I suppose I could opt out and wear face mask 24/7 while there. I think that's still an option? I'll have to ask when shot time comes around.
  • Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭
    Just keep in mind that ordinary flu vaccines don't have a great track record. In a good year, that year's flu vaccine may be 50-60% effective. In an average year, maybe about 30-40%. In a bad year (ie, a bad match of the vaccine to the flu strain) it may be under 10%. So don't go expecting the hurryup-made COVID-19 vaccine to be a home run.
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭
    SCOUT5 said:

This and only this
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭

You trust the FDA. I sure the hell don’t. They are in it for the $$$ nothing more. F the FDA.

• Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭

I trust China as much as I would trust our own FDA

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I would have no problem "Volunteering," all ya'll for it. 😁

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭

Well who exactly knows what Uncle Sam filled me with while I was in the Navy.

I do know Plague and Anthrax series were among them.

• Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    After the first year you'd be seeing ads on TV... "If you or someone you love has recently been diagnosed with the zombie virus after taking China's Zombie B-Gone drug or a generic form of Zombie B-Gone, you may be wondering about your legal options. Call BR-549 and talk to one of our lawyers that are standing by."
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    The first vaccine to be tested was financed entirely by Pfizer.  Volunteers will get up to $1,375.  I've done riskier things for less money.
    Neal

• Options
    I wonder if part of the testing includes first giving you the virus and then the shot to see if it does anything? :o    
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    "Pelosi first then shiff,then biden,shummer,nader forgot feinstine,watters then I will think on it"

I think you got every member of Darth Vader's family there . I'm liking that idea.

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Barzillia said:
    How many would volunteer to work in a hospital setting providing care to Covid19 patients for a prolonged period of time ?

How many here would volunteer to personally pay all expenses for treatment of a significant Covid19 infection in yourself or significant other ?

How many here would be willing to take the actual responsibility for infecting someone else, who died as a result ?

Most of the Healthcare folks get paid well and recognized for what they do, the Housekeeping/Engineering/Food service staffs in those same places not so much labeled hero's but probably as much at risk as the Docs and Nurses.

Unless you are advocating Government healthcare for all, we all pay for our ailments or we carry insurance of some kind, with the transfer of wealth Obama Care plan Insurance is cheap if you don't make a lot of money.

Same responsibility as if they spread the cold I guess

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,484 ✭✭✭✭
    I would not volunteer for a Chinese designed vaccine.  That could be what Covid-19 is in the first place.
    I would volunteer as a member of a somewhat vulnerable population after the first round of testing in healthy folks proved successful if the vaccine was developed and being tested by a US company.  I would even volunteer to be exposed to the virus once anti-bodies were present.  
    We need to keep in mind that the risk of severe complications is still very low in the general population.  If I could do something to help put this lock-down lunacy behind us by potentially helping protect the vulnerable, it would be well worth the minimal risk involved.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭

mogley98 said:
    Barzillia said:
    How many would volunteer to work in a hospital setting providing care to Covid19 patients for a prolonged period of time ?

How many here would volunteer to personally pay all expenses for treatment of a significant Covid19 infection in yourself or significant other ?

How many here would be willing to take the actual responsibility for infecting someone else, who died as a result ?

Most of the Healthcare folks get paid well and recognized for what they do, the Housekeeping/Engineering/Food service staffs in those same places not so much labeled hero's but probably as much at risk as the Docs and Nurses.

Unless you are advocating Government healthcare for all, we all pay for our ailments or we carry insurance of some kind, with the transfer of wealth Obama Care plan Insurance is cheap if you don't make a lot of money.

Same responsibility as if they spread the cold I guess

Agreed.  I don't know of any medical professionals that are "volunteering" their time . . . and since that is what the questions was . . . thanks for playing.

With relation to the last question posted above, what should the "responsibility" be?  Before I am willing to accept responsibility, I need to know what it is?  That way I will be able to make an informed decision . . . and answer the question.
  • Options
    Pretty sure most folks who have been treated in hospitals and clinics have been billed for services. Insurance claims paid what ever they were insured to pay.  The rest is on the patient. 
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    US, I think the Samaritans Purse medical professionals that were all but thrown out of NYC for their love and concern for the wellbeing of their fellow men and women were volunteers.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,484 ✭✭✭✭
    Butchdog2 said:
    US, I think the Samaritans Purse medical professionals that were all but thrown out of NYC for their love and concern for the wellbeing of their fellow men and women were volunteers.
    There was no revenue in it for NY or NYC.  
    The same reason the USNS Comfort and the Javits Center were not used.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    They were thrown out for other reasons than money.