In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Took the PSA 308 to the 200yd

savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,453 ✭✭✭✭
For a rifle that I have just a little over 500.00 and as much as I shake now days I'm very happy with this  5 shot group at 200 yards  I put a crimson trace scope  series 2 scope on it and quite pleased with it also

Comments

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried any Sierra 168 & 175 match kings?
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    That was  Fusion 165 grain the load I use for deer hunting. At 100 yard that load  I can get 1"  and under groups all day long
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    That’s definitely within minute-of- deer-heart. I recently acquired a DPMS .308 with  open sights. Once I got it dialed in, I was impressed with what it would do at 50 yards. I wish I had the 20” barrel instead of the 16”.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Let the barrel settle in  and it will do better.
  • Options
    A younger and better shooter it will do better and if I had skipped a couple coffees on the way to the range it might have slightly better also
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭
    How's the trigger?  Good? Bad? OK?
  • Options
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
    I have one with the 18" SS bbl. I put a Nikon P-308 and a drop in trigger set at 2.2 lb. My range is only 125 yds, but it shoots cheap 150 gr FMJs better than I am personally capable of. I lapped the barrel to a nice finish before ever shooting it.  Going to hunt whitetails this season with it.

• Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,124 ✭✭✭✭
    DRT
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭
    nice and cant complain about the groups plenty good for hunting 
         I got on a kick building (well more  putting together parts) dang PSA and the internet  of the 5.56  versions then went to a couple 300 black outs  one rifle and one pistol  to break up the run  a  lot of parts came from the auctions here on GB and well another not so friendly gun site 
     then I thought I need a ar10 style 308 to go with my m1a  so  I bought a PSA set upper and lower then over several months rounding up parts ( I am cheap and picked out the best deals on parts ) put one together   I do not remember what barrel I put on it and I know put a timney   trigger then went with a timney 308 version the 5.56 one just  did have the weight to run it,  the 308 version has a heaver hammer   .  and think a Nikon scope of some variety   ( I had bought several nikon scopes so I do not recall which one went where 
     the sad  I ran about 30 of 40 rounds thru it the 308  also  with the other 5.56 and 300 black out guns I put together  . just to make sure they ran ok no real target try outs ,  and well there still in the safe I hope to get them out this summer and get the scopes tuned in  at least  and put some rounds down range .
     my back yard set up is just over 100 yards . but I have not went  hunting for 30 years at least so good enough for me to waste ammo in the back yard  with . or when the zombies come to get me LOL 
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭✭
    Look good for me and a $500 308.
  • Options
    I put Forma Tactical triggers in all my ARs. They are cheaper than all the other drop-ins I found. My SIL and Grandson both have them, too. No problems so far with them set at 2-3 lbs. 
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    Thanks for the info, grdad45. I’m going to order a couple of their triggers. They seem to get great reviews.
    https://www.formatactical.com/
  • Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭✭
    jimdeere said:
    Thanks for the info, grdad45. I’m going to order a couple of their triggers. They seem to get great reviews.

so is the same trigger used in the AR10 as the AR15 ?
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    jimdeere said:

No, the AR 10 has a wider receiver but the parts look almost identical.  It takes an after market AR10 trigger to fit properly.
  • Options
    bpost said:
    jimdeere said:

No, the AR 10 has a wider receiver but the parts look almost identical.  It takes an after market AR10 trigger to fit properly.

so the ones sold by https://www.formatactical.com/ re only for AR 15 ?  I don't see any where on their site where it really states which

• Options
    I put the SAME trigger in my AR15 and PA10. Worked perfectly.
  • Options
    bpost said:
    jimdeere said:

There may be a difference in AR10 and PA10 receivers, I'm not sure. The Forma Tactical trigger is adjustable to fit most AR type receivers.
  • Options
    Good to know ,, ,  I have both from PSA and they sure could use some help ,  so  think I'll try a couple and see how they  work out.  one more question ,  do you use the same trigger pins or do you need to buy new ones to go with this type of trigger ?
  • Options
    Good to know ,, ,  I have both from PSA and they sure could use some help ,  so  think I'll try a couple and see how they  work out.  one more question ,  do you use the same trigger pins or do you need to buy new ones to go with this type of trigger ?
    Almost all ARs need trigger help for the "Lawyer" triggers they put in at the factory. The Forma trigger makes the gun feel like a whole different firearm! Same pins will work. I had a set of "no-walk" pins I used in the 308. Make sure you watch their videos when installing them. There are a couple of steps you don't want to miss.  B)
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    I installed one of the psa triggers they sell on the ar 7.62x39.  What a difference.. smooth and breaks fine.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    B) thanks guys ,  I'll do that , just put in a order