In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Things Are Gona Change

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
I'm getting tired of all these government people and NGO people saying things are going to change and "The New Normal". SCREW THEM!!! I just watched a video of some dude from Canada living and working from his custom van. Maybe 50 years old and he is saying that everything is changing and for the first time in his life he is thinking about his safety. Apparently there are no mean people in Canada. Well he bought a small baseball bat and two large knives. He seems to think he is ready now to handle all the zombies he is likely to encounter. Good luck Bubba. As far as I can tell, with the exception of being able to buy some items which really hasn't been a problem, my life is just the same as before all this crap started. I don't intend to change a damn thing just cause a bunch of dummies think I should. Bunch of sissy little girls.

Comments

• pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭✭

Change scares the sheeple . Society will not be what we know as normal. Interesting times for sure

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    I am Not a damn sheeple and not scared of a damn thing. And society will forget all about this mess in another six months.
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    The real changes will be noted, or not, after this has passed.  Will the government have confirmed it can exert more control or will the people make it plain that it can not.   Hawaii is arresting healthy people for not quarantining.   Main has LEO knocking on doors when out of state plates are noted.   Ministers are being arrested or cited for holding services.   There is change, what changes becomes normal is yet to be determined. 

I'm not scared and I'm not concerned about the people in society, I know most are good folks with good heads on their shoulders.   I am concerned about the over reaching powers on display by the different levels of government.

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Trump was complicit in a lot of the problems with the shut down but I think he was reluctant to do it. At least now he is trying to get all the governors to ease up. Just think what Hillary would have done or Joe will do if elected.  Neither one would let us get back to a resemblance of normalcy. Michigans Governor Gretchen has just extended her stay at home edict until June 12. She opened the extreme northern part of the state ( Traverse City and the U.P. ) for limited bar, restaurant, salons, etc.. business. Then she extended the stay home order so no one can get there from down state. I guess we can't be trusted to stay home if sick.😠 Bob
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    Well he bought a small baseball bat and two large knives. He seems to think he is ready now to handle all the zombies he is likely to encounter. Good luck Bubba. 

One punk with a Raven and it's over for him. 
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭
    snip . . .
     Well he bought a small baseball bat and two large knives. He seems to think he is ready now to handle all the zombies he is likely to encounter.
    . . . snip
    I hope he knows what he is doing - otherwise he also needs to purchase some baseball lubricant and some band aids.

Other folks might have different plans for his bat and knives.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    Well he bought a small baseball bat and two large knives. He seems to think he is ready now to handle all the zombies he is likely to encounter. Good luck Bubba. 

The way their president want to dis-arm the nation a man with a Raven will be a "warlord". As for the van dude first to die or ask for help that ain't coming.
  • WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    I am Not a damn sheeple and not scared of a damn thing. And society will forget all about this mess in another six months.
    I disagree.  This pandemic is going to be a millstone around the necks of most countries.  Just for the US (and it’ll affect all other countries), it’s going to be long term problems.  All the money that the fed printed and congress borrowed has to be paid back someday.  just as an example.  I was reading an article about schools opening.  They’re talking about lunch rooms with single plate meals rather than the cafeteria style.  Schools are complaining about funding now - just wait till they have to package or buy all those meals.  And the classrooms will have to have less students in them - hell, they’re already so overcrowded...
    All the new regulations are pretty much going to remain because “that’s the new normal.” (I hate using that term!)

No - we’ll be living with the aftershocks for years.  I don’t like it.  I don’t want to.  But I fear that it’s inevitable.
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭

The way their president want to dis-arm the nation a man with a Raven will be a "warlord". As for the van dude first to die or ask for help that ain't coming.
    We have the entire DEMOCRAT party wanting to disarm OUR great nation. 

WearyTraveler - Smaller classes? How they gonna do that? Teach only kids with papers? The way I see it they'll want to keep the kids home schooled and keep collecting taxes for not baby sitting them.

Single serving ready meals? MREs were made to do that trick and they come with TP. They'll have to make them cost effective though for the super nickel and dimers.

• US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭
    I have been saying for weeks now -
    "What we are doing now is what we will be doing from now on . . . because it worked and all of us did not die.  We must keep doing it just so we don't all die."

or

"We will have to increase our current methods of operation . . . because too many of us died.  If we increase the social distancing to 10 feet, have a maximum of 5 in a group, only allow 10% of business occupancy, and schedule a haircut every six months, things will be much better and we won't all die."

There is not a snowball's chance in Hell that things will return back to the way they were last year.

Does anybody remember getting on an airplane without taking your shoes off, not needing a passport to get back into your own country from Mexico, or a single page 4473?
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    I've personally seen some pretty good damage inflicted with baseball bats so I wouldn't discount their effectiveness especially in a place like Canada where ones choices of weapons being limited, knives scare the Hell out of me, they have my total respect as do Ravens  :)

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭✭

Wife is the manager in a junior high school cafeteria. School traditionally ends with last of may or first week of June . Cafeteria closes then . They are now talking about extending meal service thru July. They have been serving drive thru everyday since this crap started . We don’t feed the kids during a normal summer yet those are the current plans

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    SCOUT5 said:
    Will the government have confirmed it can exert more control or will the people make it plain that it can not.

This state (Colorado) is fed up with government orders.
    As many as 421 restaurants will open this weekend IN DEFIANCE of Governor Polis' ORDERS.
    Hearing this.... "surprisingly"  LATE last night, the state gave the go ahead for restaurants to open up today.
    Polis was going to "let us know" when and how restaurants COULD open up AFTER Memorial day.
    Business owners are not waiting and are tired of government BS.

As others have said, things will never be the same, but there must be limits as to how far we allow the chokers around our neck from the government to tighten.
    pulsarnc said:

Wife is the manager in a junior high school cafeteria. School traditionally ends with last of may or first week of June . Cafeteria closes then . They are now talking about extending meal service thru July. They have been serving drive thru everyday since this crap started . We don’t feed the kids during a normal summer yet those are the current plans

Pretty sure they keep the lunch rooms open to feed the kids here in the off season (breakfast and lunch?). Why not tax payers footing the bill here in California. I wonder how long that'll last with folks out of jobbie job? You know I'd wear a mask to get free vittles and not have to wash the dishes afterwards at the school a few blocks away.

That reminds me a few weeks back there was a line of cars lined up along the way to the jr high. I thought they were getting bags of rations. Now if those silly buggers (I have to use creative words instead of short words to avoid censorship) with their motors running to get a dollar/free school breakfast. If so they should walk there to get the eats. It's not like they're doing anything other than playing mind/mine craft (that's still a thing, right?).

I guess soon this state will be nothing but free loaders and tech companies since all the blue and white collar folks done fled. I imagine California will resemble Rio's Favelas and city scape. Maybe I'll go and watch "District 9" and "Elysium". Maybe I'll skip "Elysium" since that's a crappy movie.

• buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭
    Its good that the schools feed children year around,but a shame that they have to.
  • WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

WearyTraveler - Smaller classes? How they gonna do that? Teach only kids with papers? The way I see it they'll want to keep the kids home schooled and keep collecting taxes for not baby sitting them.

Single serving ready meals? MREs were made to do that trick and they come with TP. They'll have to make them cost effective though for the super nickel and dimers.

Yosh- not saying I agree with it.  Just that it’s what I’m seeing proposed.
    my 4 grandkids have always been homeschooled.  They’re pretty smart and knowledgeable.  Maybe the rest of the nation’s kids will be better off with HS...  But I do t think so.  I’ve seen the adults around here.  Half of them don’t know the info themselves,  I sat in a class 2 years ago and a high school math teacher admitted that she didn’t know all the letters for cursive writing.  I know of parents that have done their kid’s homework for them.  Too many parents aren’t equipped to teach.  And with the social distancing now “required” for just about everything, opening schools is going to be expensive as hell and fun to watch...
    Yes MREs may be the answer.  But they’re going to have to really lower the per meal cost to make it affordable.  The US already spends the most (I think) per student.  
    This pandemic is going to leave a bruise.
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    buddyb said:
    Its good that the schools feed children year around,but a shame that they have to.
    Why is that a good thing?

"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
    WearyTraveler  - Oh I am. It's bad enough I'm being taxed for kids education I have none in the system. I reckon the way things are going newsom will jack up the property tax to fund all his freebies. I may have to use my 401k to move out of this state or buy a house with wheels so I can become a rambling man.
  • themountainmanthemountainman Member Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭
    it frees up irresponsible parents from feeling irresponsible......>>>>then they can afford a bigger tv and more cell phone minutes
    Most don't mind getting a few more mouths for the school to feed and draw welfare on them
    There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those who can do math and those who can't. :?
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    it frees up irresponsible parents from feeling irresponsible......>>>>then they can afford a bigger tv and more cell phone minutes
    And another/more tattoos.  Don't forget the tattoos!