In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Times are going to change thread reminded me of

savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
Drinking water out of the cistern with the community tin cup  hanging on wire

Comments

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
     Those things were the berries. Cups on a chain bringing up cold water.:)
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******
    We shared a lot of things with each other in those days!  How about a community tooth brush! :o
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I distinctly remember cutting Tobacco and putting up Hay, where we all sat around in the closest Barn, (for shade) and had a large bucket of Ice Water with a communal ladle that was shared by all. Food brought out to us for lunch by the Womenfolk. Much appreciated. Times that will (unfortunately) never be repeated. Miss those days.

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh, yes. The delightful cold of that tin cup on your lips, the icy water with an iron tang to it, the sense of camaraderie as you hand the ladle to the next thirsty guy. You never dipped twice, always waiting for your turn to come around again for a second cup.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    Passing around the bottle of whiskey. (for medicinal purposes only now days)
    That might not change though. (kinda depends of the brand of whiskey and how bad you want a drink or how drunk you already are)
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭
    With the whiskey bottle, you always gave the rim a ritual wipe with your shirt sleeve before sipping. That cleaned it of everything from the last guy, don'cha know?
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.