In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kahr Pistols

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
Justin Moon designed the Kahr pistol in I think the early 1990's. It was a unique design due to the feed ramp being off set. I have often heard the 200 round break in story and in fact I think Kahr recommends that themselves but most I have sold and shot ran well right out of the box. I do remember getting a deal on a dozen fancy PM380's with the black coating and night sights and at least one of those guns did require a break in period. But realistically if you are going to carry a gun shouldn't you fire at least 200 rounds to be sure of the gun and to get used to it? And yes if you order a Kahr with all the bells and whistles  it can run close to $1000.00 out the door. I like the guns but I have never liked their customer service if I needed a part. I do recall that maybe ten years or so ago they had some kind of problem with a group of pistols and they bought back a bunch of them from owners. They even paid for the holster and ammo one of my customers had purchased along with the cost of the gun. Can't beat that.

Comments

• Options
    Cling2mygunsCling2myguns Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭
    High Point is better...... :)
  • Options
    FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

I've got a PM9, and love it. Carry it more than anything else for CCW. That said, the recoil spring was super tight at the begining, and did indeed take some breaking in. Never had a jam, though.

And to the above comment, I'm not ashamed to say that I like Hi-Points too. The one I had was flawless from day one and very accurate. Maybe not a work of art, but an effective tool. Hi-Point is like the Harbor Freight of the gun world! 😁

🐸

• Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    I remember 15 years ago, they would send a free one to the gun shop if you ordered 10.
    The all stainless steel one with wood grips was nice looking. I never owned one. Not interested in them at all.

• Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not usually a fan of striker-fired pistols, but I do like my Kahr K9. Very comfortable to carry, accurate, and all metal (I don't trust my life to anything plastic.)