In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Inflated Bids

SDowns215SDowns215 Member Posts: 1
Good morning.   Y'all do realize that there is plenty of ammunition don't you?   Running up bids where the price per round is .70 doesn't really help.    Let's help establish a realistic baseline for those selling ammo and let's agree to stop inflating the real price.     Unless you really enjoy over-paying.   LOL
Best wishes and happy shooting.

Comments

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your input.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,358 ***** Forums Admin
    Well Allrighty then.......
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    i will never be in favor of limiting one's ability to bid while drunk
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭
    The 'real price' for an item is whatever the buyer will pay for said item and what the seller will take for said item. 
    You live in a mostly free market society.  Don't like it?  Get a better paying job, shoot smaller bullets, or move to a place that has price controls on everything (and good luck buying ammo there!)!
     Oh, and welcome to the forums!  You might be a lot of fun!
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭✭
    If you ask real nice, maybe you can request that no one bid on any auction that you an have interest in. Then let us know how that works out for you. :D
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I agree. Y'all need to let me throw a low opening bid out there, and then the rest of you need to back off and let me win it for a song.

In essence, y'all need to let me win more often.

I'd like that.

• Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    A few things.  The free market eventually does as you suggest,  there is no need to organize an effort.   Few bidders or actually forum participants.   Bidding against forum members is something I don't do if the item is approaching market value.   I may bid against a member's low ball bid as they know they aren't getting the item for that anyway.  But I don't bid against an honest attempt by a forum member.   
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
    I say bid what you want to pay and pay no more than that. Bidding is super simple.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,653 ******
    Karen-“I want to speak to the manager!”
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I'm taking my ball and going home.

If I can't win, I don't want to be here.

So There.

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭

this could get interesting

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭
    Newb with a tude.......

There are places where ammo is harder to come by....I am fortunate to be in an area where that really does not happen.   I have friends in Illinois that will confirm it gets a little hard to find certain ammo.    Ammo is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.  
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    SDowns215 said:
    Good morning.   Y'all do realize that there is plenty of ammunition don't you?   Running up bids where the price per round is .70 doesn't really help.    Let's help establish a realistic baseline for those selling ammo and let's agree to stop inflating the real price.     Unless you really enjoy over-paying.   LOL
    Best wishes and happy shooting.
    What if you were the seller???? Welcome...
  • Options
    Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭
    I just bought some ammo here on GB. Let me look. It was 250 rounds and I paid $178 so that means that I paid $0.712 per round.

Holy Crap!!!! I'm part of the problem!!!!! Maybe I'm the whole problem!!!!!

I'm terribly sorry:-(
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't need no stinkin ammo
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    It is a real * when you pay $ 5,400.00 for a Python and then have to pay an additional $ 6.00 to fill it up.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭
    I will buy all of the ammo you want to sell me for . . . . oh, I don't know . . . how about $1.00 per round.

I am looking for ammunition for my AR-50 . . . at $1.00 per round.

:)
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭
    If you think a certain ammo should sell for .30/round and it is selling for .60/round, who is right? Sellers have a right to set their starting bid or buy it now price at whatever level they choose. If I choose to bid/buy at that price it is up to me. Sometimes short supply creates a panic demand scenario. When that panic is alleviated prices will return to a level that you may be more comfortable with. How many sellers were stuck with high price 22 ammo after the last panic? Better yet how many buyers are sitting on 22 ammo they paid many times the current rate for? My advice is avoid the panic and stock up and shoot what is currently available at normal prices and wait for the price on the others to return to normal. Bob
  • Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭✭
    How much of my money can I spend?
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I see 3 things affecting the price of any commodity:

1.  Demand (Too many buyers for the product)
    2.  Availability (Not enough product for the buyers )
    3.  Free Money (More money than good sense)

All AR-15's should be priced at $1200.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
This discussion has been closed.