In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Need a dog?

susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

I have one up for adoption. He hates my car since he chased a vole up in it. I will bring him to you. He's gentle and let's the chickens walk across his tail. He just hates rodents.

Comments

• varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
    sorry dont need one that badly.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    He did that to your car chasing a vole?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
    susie, accidents happen to all of us.  It's OK, we won't criticize you. But let's not blame it on that sweet dog.  :)
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    OK : 
    Where You located @ ???
    Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    Awww... he looks like a sweetheart.
  • susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Luckily I have comprehensive with USAA so I am covered. Living in wild animal country i carry it for off chance i hit a deer. They can total a vehicle.

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    We've had them tear up the sofa cushions, but there is something special about a pooch that can dig into a car like that.
    I trust you are joking about getting rid of him for something so trivial.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele

Glad I got to him when I did. He had started on the other side. He had tried to chew up the honeycomb grill but couldn't get a good purchase on it.

Just got the estimate back, $1944.93. Not a small bit of damage for sure.

• austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,829 ✭✭✭✭

Next time just feed him your homework

We've had them tear up the sofa cushions, but there is something special about a pooch that can dig into a car like that.
    I trust you are joking about getting rid of him for something so trivial.
    He is lucky to still be able to sleep in the chair.  Others may have not been so merciful and he wouldn't be alive to be adopted out.  Sort of like once a dog starts going after chickens, I am afraid that should another critter get under one of my vehicles or pieces of machinery he would go after it.  I don't have a garage and will not chain a dog.  If I knew I could trust him to not eat another piece of machinery he could stay.  #1 and her spousal unit live here on the farm with me as well.  She has a little Scion that is also edible.  The truck bumpers are solid metal so aren't as big of an issue but the UTV and ATV are susceptible to munching as well.  
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    A vole did that? They are the size of a mouse. 
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭
    Ohhhhhh......I love my dogs.    We haven't had one eat a car yet.    That sweet face is saying "I'm sorry".
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    There are some family members I would rather give up than my dog. 
    chiefr said:
    The vole was chewing up the top of the battery.  The Pyrenees was eating the car.  I understand the sad look, but with the neighbors cars being vulnerable I can't take that risk.  I also have neighbors who aren't family up the road from me where he does roam from time to time.  I fear that, should he go after something and run it under their vehicle, I would face having to pay for someone else's repair costs.  
    Voles have been known to wipe out a flock of chickens. He was just protecting his charges.
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Every dog is not for everyone.  At least the dog has good prey drive and determination.   You'll find him a place.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    I think she is kidding about dumping the dog.   But I know the feeling.  I have a Beagle.   Also called Psycho Dog.

Daisy is murder on all small animals.   We used to have a bunch of moles and voles last summer.   We got Daisy last August.
    These little burrowing animals don't bother me I don't know much about them.
    But Daisy has it in for them.  After 30 days, all these burrowing animals were gone!  I saw Daisy with a vole in her jaws, she tossed it on the ground, and then pounced on it with her paws.  Looked like a cat playing with a mouse.
    Then I went over to kill the vole with a stick, Daisy grabbed it up and ran 20 feet away and stopped, and looked at me as if to say "Bet you can't catch me, and my toy!!"

I saw Daisy kill three moles and voles.   Also saw where she found a nest of little bunnies and she just shredded the little animals.   She is a cute and funny Beagle to me but to the little animals of the forest Daisy is a monster.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful dog
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    susie said:
    chiefr said:
    The vole was chewing up the top of the battery.  The Pyrenees was eating the car.  I understand the sad look, but with the neighbors cars being vulnerable I can't take that risk.  I also have neighbors who aren't family up the road from me where he does roam from time to time.  I fear that, should he go after something and run it under their vehicle, I would face having to pay for someone else's repair costs.  

I guess were it me, I would invest in a good shock collar and train the dog not to eat the car. It's going to have to get that training by whoever owns it anyway.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Stationed in Naples, Italy, and one of my Sailors, took his dog in the car (newer Camaro?) with him to the NSA compound exchange.  Went shopping and he'd just returned to his car when I cam upon him, at which time he showed me the destruction of the front and rear seats.  Unbelievable in nature!  The man and his family did not need that heart breaking problem to deal with at all.

Good luck to you, Susie.
    What's next?
  • Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    OK :::::
    Conneck w-Me ??? I may want this heathean????
    Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks !!!
    Sounds like a match made from heaven......
    Thanks !!!
    I found him a home last week on a small farm with goats.  A young couple needed a companion for them and he was perfect for them.  His tail was wagging as if he was in dog heaven as I drove away.  I chatted with them a few days later and they are very happy with him.  They were impressed with the ease with which he took to them and their farm.  They brought him into the house to get him used to the idea that this was his new home.  

On another note, I have relocated mama and baby vole I caught in the small live critter trap.  Peanut butter is a great attractant.  
    It’s a win-win!