In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

They’re back...

jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******

Comments

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    cicadas AKA 17 year locust
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭
    good dipped in chocolate
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Correct, chocolate is the dip but I bet rolled and grilled with bacon would help control the coming hoard
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    First hurricane should blow them all north
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭✭
    I assume  these things are regional?  Many not appear up north at this same time? 
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    They are around here but haven't see any in at least 17 years, go figure.  You can find their sheds on trees and fence posts
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
     sad part for me I will guess many other's I will not notice  the noise little buggers 
     my ears have a constant very loud noise  ( working construction when younger running jack hammers heavy equipment standing right next to ram hoes ( like a giant jack hammer for back hoes ) and of course shooting any way it   sounds like the cicadas are having a marathon  24/7  I would not wish it on any one . when I pass at least the noise will be gone ...
     I have to sleep with a TV a  radio or , very loud fan on to help cover the noise  . currently I have a window AC in my upstairs bed room about two feet from my head it stays on year round even  in the winter I have it fan only to be able to sleep,  I have   some days  the ringing/ buzzing chirping   its especially   loud  I think the noise  its driving me crazy some times