In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

question for you sellers....

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
For those of you that take credit cards, or have immediate check out, do you feel that increases the final value of the item?

Comments

• Options
    MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    It increases the value of the service... Add it in any way you want, but I do pay more for better service.
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭✭

It probably bumps the price a little higher but I think that is due to the larger pool of buyers you get when you accept more ways for the customers to pay.

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭
    About 60-70% of our sales are paid by credit card.    I am sure its something that helps the sales because on line buyers are all about things being quick and easy.   If they can do the checkout, email an FFL over and get tracking numbers the next day....happy customers.     
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,008 ******
    So how does that work?
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    nunn said:
    So how does that work?

Well when I was taking credit cards at the service station you take the receipt thingy that's attached to the carbon paper and put it in the credit card machine with the credit card with the embossed numbers and slide the slide on the machine across it. Then you get the customer to sign it and you pull the carbon copy out and give it to the customer and you put the original in the cash register.  
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    Credit cards will boost your sales significantly. Its a proven fact that shouldn't have to be explained. Ask Bezos.  
    As a buyer, it provides a security blanket against sellers, especially on the internet that try to cheat you. 
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭
    nunn said:
    So how does that work?
    Since your question is directly under my post was this meant for me?     In case it is how we do things with the people that use the checkout, we print off a copy of their invoice showing the item has been paid....pile up these invoices, then go through the emails and print off the FFLs that were sent and match these two things up so we know what is ready to go.    Then we make the shipping labels and we put the customer's email address in so they get an email with their tracking numbers.       Our big shipping day is Tuesday morning.     Before this covid crap messed everything up it was our routine to go get lunch at the little local meat and three diner every Tuesday after shipping went out.    It was our version of a classroom pizza party for doing a good job.    We get lunch every day from one of the local outfits, but that was the only time we actually left to do lunch.    It made shipping day less sucky. 
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com