In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

John Wick

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
For a while I have heard how great the John Wick movie is. "Man you got to see that cat shoot!!" I bought it a couple of weeks ago for $5.00 and watched it last night. First let me say having owned numerous Beagles I have a soft spot for them and the one at the start of the movie is special. BUT, when the dog died so did the movie. It reminded me of the crappy early kung fu movies when the lips were all out of sync and the combatants would jump 20 feet in the air and whip up on ten or twelve foes. It was a load of crap plain and simple. It would have been a much better idea to have killed Keanu Reeves early on and just  to have followed the dog around. I want my five bucks back.

Comments

• Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭

The old saying goes, you get what you pay for. Wanting a blockbuster movie for a $5.00 price.

NP, just busting your chops. 😁

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I think I saw the movie, & believe that the dead dog came back to life later in the movie.  But then, I thought that the dogs were German Shepherds.  This is another movie that, as Nancy Pelosi might say, "requires the willful suspension of disbelief."
    Neal
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Who's John Wick and why would you want to kill off Reeves?
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss.

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,667 ******
    Like a lot of movies, if you don’t see them on the big screen, it isn’t the same. I would love to have seen Last of the Mohicans on the big screen with theater sound.
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭

I actually liked the movie. He double tapped the bad guys so they did not get back up and he picked up their firearms to use in the battle.. most of these action movies the good guy never picks up the bad guys gun,, they would rather him using sticks and stones against the bad guys..

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭
    John Wick = Gun Fu (as I've been told). I miss "Kung Fu Theatre" on Saturdays I wanna say USA Channel? All those fantastical stuff and the bad dubs made the movies. I would love to get a copy of "John Wick" with bad Chinese dub. Can you imagine Laurence Fishburn with Jackie Chan's voice coming from his mouth?
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol , all action / adventure movies require a suspension of belief . I actually thought the movies were a blast . Still wait to see the third installment 
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    I watched one of them and it was ridiculous.  

RLTW

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Well I still think it was a joke. Not just the plot, a hotel where all the hit man, and women, live in peace, I can live with that, but I had been led to believe that the shooting skill displayed was on a level with Cruise in Collateral Damage, or the guys from HEAT, or my favorite of all time, Jim Zubiena's famous scene in Miami Vice. This movie didn't come anywhere close.
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    It is rumored that Keanu Reeves actually put in a lot of training time with the firearms and became very proficient as a shooter.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭
    I watched all of the series so far just take it as just  entertainment only face value enjoy the special effects like a si fi movie compairing it to real life no way . I liked the professional courtesy  among the hit men I thought was good on the writers 
    i have seen where Reeves and other of the cast members put in time with professional shooters learning to handle and shoot the firearms at least they put effort into it  .maybe just me but  looked like they did well on the youtube post of them training and running the courses 
     and for heavens sake don't shoot there dogs   
    ( or mine for that matter I would not be so flamboyant in retaliation but would do best I could LOL    ) 
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭
    Reeves is a competitive shooter
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭
    You're just jealous cause he can out shoot you !
  • Options
    susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

I read somewhere that he had to have over 200 suits for each movie. Some were looser to enable him to do most of his own stunts, some were ruined during filming, etc.

For me, if I want factual, I will watch a documentary. I watch movies for entertainment not enlightenment. I thoroughly enjoyed every John Wick movie and have watched them a second or third time.

They are in the process or have already filmed a series based on the hotel in the movies. I need to find out who is carrying it.

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Total waste of 10 minutes.....
  • Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
  • Options
    lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

I enjoyed the movies for what they were-entertainment. They are, like most Hollywood productions, pure fantasy. I will say however that it looked like Reeves practiced some of his gun handling skills. He did things such as press check his pistol for example, that are not normally seen performed by actors in movies.