In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

An envelope with a dreaded address

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭

Nothing worse than getting an unremarkable letter with Department of the Treasury with Internal Revenue Service in bold letters. First thought they want the $1200 back. Second thought they want the money back and I'm getting audited. Third thought they want the money back and an audit but the mail got in to the wrong mail box. Nope. Damnit, they got the right mail box and name. 

Turned out it was about the $1200 Economic Impact Payment that I already got and spent. Needed and got a drink (two times).

Comments

• dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭
    I am still trying to decide what local gun shop to donate mine to.
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Not fair! I call foul. Our undeserved and really unnecessary stimulant payments came today. They came combined on one check made out to both of us. So much for sneaking out and blowing my portion on something totally impractical. I am sure Judy has started making plans for it and a new CZ 22 probably isn't even in the running for consideration. 😋 Bob
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    Yosh, got mine yesterday, and my first thought was "WHAT NOW!?". Read it and got to thinking, a month after the check? Yeah, that mail in ballot BS should work like a clock...Not!
  • gruntled2gruntled2 Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    Got same letter yesterday. First thought was maybe another check? No just Trump bragging about the $2400 we got FOUR weeks ago.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,251 ******
    Recall the scene in The Money Pit when Walter tries to give money from the sale of a Roy Rodgers restaurant in Tuscon to the rock band (White Lion) to settle his father's unscrupulous dealings? And their manager says "why are you trying to give them money, it's only going to confuse them? I am the rock band and the government stimulus Check is Walter.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭
    I spent my check down at Tractor Supply, buying baby chickens,

Always wanted money for nothing, and your chicks for free...…….
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,541 ✭✭✭✭
     mail who cares unless you sign ,,,,what letter I never a stinking letter 

we received our letter yesterday letting us know we received money several weeks ago but it was signed by Trump 
     the one  enjoyment wife and I got thinking of the dems screaming his name was on the letters 
    Wife got another letter from Trump today. I think this one is probably asking for her to give him the money. I keep telling her we aren't rich enough to be Republicans but that just makes her mad.
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭
    gruntled2 said:
    Wife got another letter from Trump today. I think this one is probably asking for her to give him the money. I keep telling her we aren't rich enough to be Republicans but that just makes her mad.
    You might not be rich enough to be Republicans, but I can dang sure guarantee you we can't afford any more democrats!
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,775 ✭✭✭✭
    I got a letter from the Circuit Court a couple weeks back. Made me wonder who was pizzed at me this time. Turned out to be a jury duty invitation.  I stated I ran a single proprietor business, was a Federal agency employee, and had relatives who were LEO's.  Didn't tell them I need to pee every 20-30 minutes and snore while I sleep between the pee breaks. Guess they'll find that out later.
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,344 ******
    I got my letter about a week ago.  Can any of you actually read our Presidents signature and understand who it is writing it (without the under printed version)?     Didn't know Mr. Trump went to med school! :D 

Anyway, I may just have to frame my letter.  In a hundred years or so, it may make the Antiques Roadshow and have some value!
    Mobuck said:
    I got a letter from the Circuit Court a couple weeks back. Made me wonder who was pizzed at me this time. Turned out to be a jury duty invitation.  I stated I ran a single proprietor business, was a Federal agency employee, and had relatives who were LEO's.  Didn't tell them I need to pee every 20-30 minutes and snore while I sleep between the pee breaks. Guess they'll find that out later.
    The last time I was called for jury duty I told them I have a hard time staying awake in the morning & my snoring might bother the other jurors. I was about 75 at the time & I was told my name would be taken off the jury list. That was about five years ago & I haven't been called since.

• Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Got one about 49 years ago from Uncle Sam, #13, class 1-A. Sphincter tightener  for sure.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    Brookwood said:
    I got my letter about a week ago.  Can any of you actually read our Presidents signature and understand who it is writing it (without the under printed version)?     Didn't know Mr. Trump went to med school! :D 

Anyway, I may just have to frame my letter.  In a hundred years or so, it may make the Antiques Roadshow and have some value!

I was also thinking of framing it but I need to get pics of pelosi, newsom and a pic of the upper of my MATEN Trump funded.

His signature reminds me of what my heart beat must've looked like when smoked Crack from a bong filled with Red Bull. At least his signature doesn't flatline like mine out of boredom.